Skip to main content
Question

How to set number of times a client can use an event link

• 27 February 2024
  • 1 reply

I want to sell packages of 6 sessions for my clients. Is there a way to give them one link that can be used exactly 6 times over the next 3 months?

Hey there @Lori74671 - great question! Firstly, check out our New User Guide - it’ll def prove helpful as you get used to the platform!

To your question - no, there is not a way to set up a single link that can only be used a set amount of times. I’m sorry about that!

While Calendly does not currently offer a feature that allows you to charge one set price for a series of bookings, we have workarounds to offer that might be perfect for your use case!

Calendly offers integrations with both Stripe and PayPal. You can connect your Stripe or PayPal account to Calendly to collect payments when your invitees schedule with you. If you don't use these services, you could add a custom link to your confirmation page that leads to your preferred payment provider. You could also customize your invitee notification emails to include that link!

If this a one-on-one event, you could clone your event type, then require different payment amounts for each. Just visit your Event Types page and select "Clone" from the gear menu of the event you'd like to copy.

For example, you can require $50 for the event type that is public, and only $40 (or even no payment collection at all) for a secret event. Share the secret event link directly with any invitee who should receive the discounted price, as this event will not appear on your landing page for others to choose from! 

Tip: Users on our professional/standard plan and above can also take advantage of our invitee redirect feature! Rather than seeing the Calendly confirmation page after booking, invitees will be automatically forwarded to the website of your choosing. 

You could collect payments on the first event type, then redirect invitees to a secret event type (without payment collection enabled) with instructions on scheduling another meeting. More on this below!

Keeping in mind the information above, you can set up a series of events by “daisy chaining” your booking pages using the aforementioned redirect feature. That might look something like this: 

This is an example. You can set up six event types - one public and five secret - that redirect to each other for a “series” of booking. Include payment collection on the first (public) event and leave it off of the proceeding five (secret) events. This way, your invitees pay once for all six as a “package.”

Example: you’ll want to set up one event to cover the price of, let’s say, 6 classes for $210. You can then clone that event, remove the payment option from the clone, and set it to be a secret event. This will hide the event from your main booking page, so other (random) users can’t book you for free!

Then you can include the link in the confirmation page of the 6 classes event, so when they book that one, they receive the link to book their other 5 with you without paying again, and so on! 

Check out this video tutorial my colleague Sam created that walks through how to make an event series: 

I hope this helps! Let me know if you run into any issues - I’m here for a couple more hours, today!