Skip to main content
Question

How to setup diferent slot amounts for certain hours?

• 15 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi we need to setup 4 slots for every hours event like 10am, 11am and etc and we need to open 2 slots for every 10:30am, 11:30am events. How can we do that?

Hey there @DynamiteDesigns - welcome! Firstly, check out our New User Guide - it’ll def prove helpful as you get used to the platform!

Are you asking how to allow more than one invitee to book in the same time slots? If so, you’d need to set up a Group Event Type and then set the invitee limit to “2” if you wish to allow 2 people to book into those time slots. However, within a single group event type, you cannot set specific hours to allow 2 invitees and specific hours to allow 1 or another number. In this case, you’d want to set up multiple event types (a one-on-one, multiple group event types and so on). Check out the topics below for more helpful info on event types and using Calendly for a team: 

This topic links to all 12 articles we posted for the 12 Days of Calendly, and each article goes over a different feature or use case that you might find helpful as well! 

I hope this helps!

Kelsi that is not what we are asking for.

We need to open slots for:

10am - 4 slots

10:30am - 2 slots

11am - 4 slots

11:30am - 2 slots

12pm - 4 slots

12:30pm - 2 slots

All in one calendar.

Kelsi that is not what we are asking for.

We need to open slots for:

10am - 4 slots

10:30am - 2 slots

11am - 4 slots

11:30am - 2 slots

12pm - 4 slots

12:30pm - 2 slots

All in one calendar.

When you say “calendar” you are referring to an event type, correct? The meeting that invitees book with you? 

In this case, I am sorry, but the information I provided above applies. You will not be able to create a single group event type with different invitee limits per time slot. You will need to create two event types, one that allows for 4 slots on the hour marks and 2 slots on the half hour marks. I’m sorry!

That said, once a single invitee has booked a given time slot you can manually adjust the invitee limit for that specific time slot under the “scheduled events” tab > “details” section for the booking. So, if you were to create a group ET that allows 2 invitees per time slot and then, for the hour time slot go change the limit to “4” once a single invitee has booked, that would be a way to work around this with a single event type. 

If a group ET is not what you are trying to create, but you are hoping to allow 2 (or 4, depending on time slots) invitees to book separately in the same times, this is not possible with a single one-on-one event. It is also not possible to allow overlapping events on a single account. You would need to add additional users to run overlapping events and create multiple one-on-one events. Read more here:

I hope this helps!