Skip to main content
Question

How to setup up block bookings on calendly

• 5 March 2024
  • 1 reply

Hello - new calendly user here

I am a freelance counsellor and I offer a 12 week package of treatment meetings for my clients. Is there a way that I can set this up on Calendly, where the customer will be restricted to book one meeting per week over the 12 weeks they have paid for?

As an example, my clients pays for a 12 week course, they will then be able to choose which day of the week they would like their meeting to take place within a 12 week time range

Regards

Mark

Hey there @Mark54123 - great questions! Check out our New User Guide as well as our Company Admin Guide - they will both prove helpful as you get used to the platform! =) 

In regards to your question - there is no direct way to ensure an invitee (client) only books once weekly on your public booking page. Whatever availability appears on a public booking page will appear for everyone. 

However, there are some workarounds that might be useful and help make this goal a reality for you!

Firstly - check out our Customize Once and Share tool. This allows you to send out single-use links to invitees so that they can book within certain limitations you set (specifically availability). You could use this to set date-specific hours for each invitee leaving only certain hours per week they can book, with included verbiage in the event type description reminding them not to book more than once weekly. 

You could also consider routing! Routing forms let you request information such as industry, company size, specific interests, etc. from website visitors and automatically direct them to a specific scheduling or web page based on their responses. It's great for screening and qualifying sales leads on a website or matching clients or students to the booking page of the right subject-matter expert based on their interests, program, or other criteria. You can read more about setting up routing forms, here!

You could use this to route invitees to the appropriate event type with screening questions. You could make one of these questions, “have you already booked for the week?” and if the answer is yes, route them to a custom message telling them to please go back and book for the next week out - and not to book more than once a week. These aren’t perfect solutions, but might help!

I also wanted to touch on the fact that because Calendly does not currently support true recurring meetings, those workarounds exists as well! Check out the below article for more.