Skip to main content

I'd like to allow invitees to choose meeting durations

• 18 November 2023
  • 30 replies

Hey all. I generally love Calendly, but one missing feature bugs me. For some meeting types, I want to allow invitees to choose the duration of the meeting, within some choices I specify, sort of like this:

Calendly support suggested this:

The problem is, I already have multiple event types (Client, Prospect, Student, Client including evenings and weekends, Student extended hours etc.) If I clone all these events to allow for 45 / 60 / 90 / 120 min meetings, I will end up with an unwieldy list of way too many event types. Then if you need to edit an event, you also need to remember to edit all the various duration instances of the same meetings. It’s wildly inefficient and unruly.

Is there any reason you could see why Calendly is not letting us specify these choices for SOME meeting types?

For Calendly employees reading this: Is this feature in the works? If not, why not? 

30 replies

+1 😄

Same request here! Such a basic need for a booking system, come on Calendly!

I also could use this feature.  I keep having issues trying to keep a bunch of different event types updated correctly when I need to alter anything.  It’s very frustrating, and it makes it much harder to troubleshoot issues when they arise.  This should be a basic feature for a scheduling program, in my opinion.  Please get this added to Calendly.

Adding my voice to the mix, this feature is critical. If your backend doesn’t make it trivial to implement, then charitably: your backend needs refactoring =)

I’m hoping you have enough use cases to justify the spend on implementing this, but as an additional data-point, I use calendly across the coaching, consulting and personal paradigms, and variable scheduling is a necessity across all three.

Additionally, it’s worth noting that Google Calendar uses their position to promote Google Meet. Were I simply able to point people to my Calendly and have them schedule arbitrary time blocks (I do wish to be able to do this with certain contacts on my personal calendar), users would have less reliance on external calendaring solutions with their own integrations/ecosystem.

I also would like this feature! Chiming in in the hope this will bump this up on the new feature road map.