Skip to main content
Question

I have two calendars. One requires my presence the other is to reserve a room

• 24 April 2024
  • 3 replies

I have two calendars.  The first checks my google calendar for availability because it is for an appointment with me.  I want the second calendar to only check for events scheduled on the first calendar, but not check  my personal google calendar.

Hey there @Scot - thanks for your post! 

Unfortunately this is not possible, currently, without a workaround. On your “Calendar Sync” page, any and all calendars you set up to “check for conflicts” will be checked against by all of your event types and there’s no way around this. This is something upcoming on the road map, though, so stay tuned and check for updates here

However - you can work around this by adding an additional user to your Calendly account and setting up your second event type under that user, then choosing not to set up your Google Calendar to be “set for conflicts.” 

Note: you will have to pay for the secondary user and be on at least our Standard plan. You can read more about our plans, pricing and features on our Pricing Page! Note: an annual subscription will result in a 20% discount for all paid plans!

I hope this helps!

p.s. check out our New User Guide - it’s full of tips + tricks to get you started! 

Thank you.  I will upgrade so I can have a second user.  Just to confirm….

With my user account I can have it check my calendar for conflicts.

The second user will only check my Calendly booked accounts for conflicts.  not my personal google calendar, right?

Thank you.  I will upgrade so I can have a second user.  Just to confirm….

With my user account I can have it check my calendar for conflicts.

The second user will only check my Calendly booked accounts for conflicts.  not my personal google calendar, right?

As long as you choose not to set up that personal Google Calendar to the second account to be checked for conflicts (each account gets its own Calendar Sync page and connections), then the second user will not check that Google Calendar for conflicts, no.

However, you will need the second account to check something in order to know when you are busy on the other account (Calendly events), as they will not communicate. You can do this one of two ways: 

• each time a booking is made on your main account, go block that time off on your Availability Schedule (a lot of manual work, lots of room for missing things) or
  • you can create a separate sub-calendar in your Google Calendar, then
    • use this sub-calendar as your “add to” calendar in your main account, so all of your events from that account are added to it from Calendly
    • use this sub-calendar as the only “check for conflicts” calendar on your second user account, so the only “busy” events it’s reading from Google are your main account’s Calendly bookings (this would require connecting your Google Calendar, but, Calendly will not check your normal personal calendar for conflicts unless you tell it to - it will only check the sub-calendar you create for this reason - as long as you select it)

Hope this helps!