Solved

i'm free but calendar show i'm not!???

• 11 February 2024
  • 10 replies

Hi!  can anyone tell me why my “booking page” shows me and my clients that i’m unavailable the whole month when i’m actually free and updated my calendar?

icon

Best answer by Kelsi at Calendly 12 February 2024, 17:37

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7

Hey there @Limor83686 - great question and thanks so much for your post! Firstly, check out our New User Guide - it’ll def prove helpful as you get used to the platform!

In regards to your availability issues - You can use our Troubleshooting availability tool on your scheduling page in order to understand what's causing the conflict. I find it to be super helpful and it resolves most availability issues. 🎉 Please check out that tool and see what it shows for you, first and foremost!

Additionally: go to your Calendly home page > select "account" and then "calendar connections" > at "check for conflicts" select "edit" > select all calendars that should be checked for conflicts. Make sure that any events on your connected calendar that are marked “busy” are noted, as these will make you unavailable in Calendly as well. 

Lastly, when using the troubleshooting tool above, pay close attention to the following settings within your event types: 

• Date range
  • Available hours
  • Buffer Time
  • Minimum Notice
  • Daily Limit
  • Start Time Increments

All of these settings are under the “Scheduling Settings” section of your event type settings and can impact the availability displayed on your booking page.

I hope this helps!

Thanks for your answer. i clicked on troubleshoot and thankfully it worked. thanks. 

Userlevel 7

So glad it worked for your @Limor83686 - yay! Let us know if you have any more issues and we’ll be here! 

Hey Kelsi, my calendly shows no availability at all, when I check the trouble shooting tool it says “calendar” meaning that there should be an event that overlaps, but it is not the case. It shows no availability at all, it doesnt matter if I have an event or not. Even when I have an event, I follow the instructions and change it to “available” but it still doesnt show. 

Userlevel 7

Hey Kelsi, my calendly shows no availability at all, when I check the trouble shooting tool it says “calendar” meaning that there should be an event that overlaps, but it is not the case. It shows no availability at all, it doesnt matter if I have an event or not. Even when I have an event, I follow the instructions and change it to “available” but it still doesnt show. 

Hey there! If your troubleshooting tool is showing “calendar” this means there are events on your connected calendar that are overlapping (not Calendly events). When this is the case but you do not see “busy” events on your calendar, the most likely issue is that you have “all day” events at the top of your connected calendar that are marked “busy” instead of “free.” This could be a reminder that someone is OOO, that you are working in a different location, that you need to pick up a pet from daycare each day - the list goes on - and we see it often! Check your calendar for all possible events that might be blocking your availability. 

Additionally, check your event type settings: 

• date range
  • availability schedule
  • “schedule within” 

I hope this helps! Let me know if you are still stuck after looking into all of this! 

Perfect problem solved!

Userlevel 7

Perfect problem solved!

Yay! I am so happy to hear that! 

Hi @Kelsi at Calendly - this still doesn’t work for me - 

I have no busy events on my calendar, my calendar is set as “schedule within”, but no availability shows for today. Any ideas?

Thanks this worked for me 

Userlevel 7

Hi @Kelsi at Calendly - this still doesn’t work for me - 

I have no busy events on my calendar, my calendar is set as “schedule within”, but no availability shows for today. Any ideas?

Hey there! Sorry for the delay, here! 

If you look at your availability now - is it not showing anything for today? As in, each day that you log on is that current day showing as unavailable? If that’s the case, you’d want to look at both the “date range” and the “schedule within” settings for the event type.

That said, sometimes there are “busy” events on your calendar that “hide” from you. If you use the Troubleshooting availability tool on your scheduling page, what does it say? If it says “Calendar” then we need to go searching through your connected calendar for those “hidden” busy events. 

For example, Google Calendar: 

Usually when this happens, it's because you have a little event across the top of each day spanning days, weeks or months, which could be PTO, daycare/school for a child, a reminder to take your medication or something else common to do daily that doesn't actually mean you're unavailable but has been accidentally marked as busy. Take a look at your calendar for something like this. If that exists, edit it to mark yourself as free or delete it.

Let me know if this helps! If you are still running into issues, screenshots would help me help you. =) Looking forward to hearing back from you!