Question

I'm only able to set up a buffer for one day. How to I apply the same buffer to my whole schedule?

• 12 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi - I was able to apply a buffer to only ONE day on my calendar but I want the same one hour increment to appear as unavailable after EACH appointment slot.  Can someone please help? 

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 6

Hi @Deborah84788!

You can set buffers directly in Calendly by going to your Scheduling Settings. You can learn more about it here: https://help.calendly.com/hc/en-us/articles/14048208107287-How-to-use-buffers

Just keep in mind this will create a Calendly buffer that prevents anyone from booking through Calendly during that time, but someone could still book directly through your calendar during that time.

Hi Jillian, thanks for the link but this isn’t helping me at all.

For ANYTIME I schedule on my calendar I need a ONE HOUR BUFFER. I need an hour AFTER ANY APPOINTMENT SET AS UNAVAILABLE. So I want to schedule appointments at 11:00 am, 1:00 pm, and 3:00 pm - for instance.  There is no way for me to do that right now unless you have other instructions that you can provide.  This is critical and if I can’t get this done right, I’ll need to move on to another provider. Thanks for your help.

Userlevel 6

Hi @Deborah84788,

Got it. So while Calendly can’t create tangible event buffers on your calendar provider, there are a few other things you could do:

• If you have appointments at 11, 1, and 3 and you absolutely wouldn’t want someone to be able to pick 12 or 2, you could set the “Start Time Increments” to 120 minutes. So for example, I have my schedule starting at 9am and ending at 4pm and therefore it shows 60 minute appointments starting at 9am, 11am, and 1pm.
  • If you absolutely need tangible buffers, consider looking at a calendar add on tool like Reclaim (it’s what I use on my calendar). A tool like this would allow you to set time after meetings and creates a very real tangible calendar blocker. I personally use this right now to automatically create travel buffers and ‘decompression time’ as needed.

Hope this helps a bit more.