Skip to main content

I wish Calendly had a "start meetings 5 mins after the hour" feature like Outlook!

• 23 May 2024
  • 7 replies

Outlook has this amazing feature where you can start meetings 5 mins late. So meetings are like 1:35 - 2pm instead of 1:30-2pm. I wish Calendly had this feature!

See screenshot

Hey there @cal-ai-user -- thanks so much for providing us with this valuable feedback. We truly appreciate it! That is a really cool feature (I hadn’t seen it until now!), and I totally understand the desire to see it in Calendly as well. 

Please don’t hesitate to let us know if you have any questions about the functionality of your Calendly account, or of course, if you have more feedback to provide.

Have a great day! 🤗

Edit: in the meantime, you can achieve something similar by making your event types shorter in duration. 

Example: 

• make your 30 minute event types 25 minutes long
  • make your 60 minute event types 55 minutes long

Then, you can set the start time increments to 30 minutes, 60 minutes and so on. This will result in there always being 5 minutes between bookings. 

Hi @Kelsi at Calendly - Thank you for your reply, and for taking my feedback into consideration! Outlook lets you choose between two options (see screenshot - start late vs. end early). What Calendly offers is the “end early” option, but in my company the default is “start late”.

I use Calendly to schedule meetings with people outside my company, so what ends up happening is that I have a company internal meeting (scheduled through Outlook) from 1:35-2pm, and then I have an external meeting (scheduled through Calendly) that’s 2pm-2:25pm. So in this case I won’t have 5 minutes between meetings!

Given that this is a feature of Outlook, I’m assuming many companies are following a similar norm, and therefore many Calendly users may have a similar need to me - just something to consider, thanks again! 😊

Hey @cal-ai-user -- totally see the issue, here. I appreciate the rundown, truly! This really is an interesting feature request and I’ll make sure it gets to the product team. While I can’t promise anything about if or when a feature like this might be introduced to Calendly, I can promise to elevate your voice!

Have a good night! 

Just adding a +1 here, @Kelsi at Calendly for your product team.

I want to be able to start meetings 5 minutes late for a another reason - it is much easier psychologically to end at the top of the hour or :30 with meetings with my clients than it is to end 5 minutes early. Therefore I start 5 minutes late. (also, people may be coming from other meetings themselves which end at the top of the hour, causing them to be a little late.

I would LOVE this feature too, and currently schedule my meetings this way manually (new Calendly User, just getting started)

Thanks!

Just adding a +1 here, @Kelsi at Calendly for your product team.

I want to be able to start meetings 5 minutes late for a another reason - it is much easier psychologically to end at the top of the hour or :30 with meetings with my clients than it is to end 5 minutes early. Therefore I start 5 minutes late. (also, people may be coming from other meetings themselves which end at the top of the hour, causing them to be a little late.

I would LOVE this feature too, and currently schedule my meetings this way manually (new Calendly User, just getting started)

Thanks!

@Kelsi at Calendly - Perhaps you could offer a simple way to manually update the meeting time in Calendly? E.g. my client schedules for 1:30pm in Calendly, and then I can click a button to “manually update meeting time” and set it to 1:35pm?

+1 for this idea. Also want this feature.

I would really love this feature to be added too please. For new intros where it’s hard to ask people for time at all, them knowing they have some space either side of it to grab a drink and prepare for the next call is really valuable in showing them I know their time is valuable.