Skip to main content
Question

I would like to offer a discount code to my invitees

• 24 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Hello! I am using Calendly for consulting sessions. I would like to offer a 20% off discount code to current members of my online community. Is there a way to do that?

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 6

Hi @Meg71852!

Now we want to know what type of online community you have! We love communities. Or at least this long time community manager right here does. 😍

Neither of our payment integrations have the ability to handle coupons or discount codes. However, there are some very smooth workarounds to this including cloning your event type which would give you complete control over privacy (let anyone see it or hide it), duration, if it expires after one use, etc. You can find more info about this workaround in the Common Questions section of our Stripe or PayPal Help Center pages.

Hope this helps!

PS: We’ll add this to our product feedback too.

Userlevel 1

Hi @jillian We’ve been asking for this feature for over a year. Do you anticipate it going to development at any point in the future? 

It’s not as simple as cloning an event if you are using routing forms. 

Thanks!

Veronica 

Userlevel 7

Hi @jillian We’ve been asking for this feature for over a year. Do you anticipate it going to development at any point in the future? 

It’s not as simple as cloning an event if you are using routing forms. 

Thanks!

Veronica 

Hey Veronica! You’re right, routing forms would not work well with a need to direct an invitee to specific event types in some cases. While you could try including a question like, “are you a current member of [online community name]?” and logic that routes to a cloned/discounted event when answered “yes” that would not be fool proof at all. You might be able to attempt a secret event that nobody can book without being sent a link, then sharing that booking link with community members! This could be a discounted event as well. Potential work around for the time being? You can even embed a secret event - so you could perhaps embed this secret event in your community for booking while knowing it’s not visible anywhere else. 

We love feedback and promise we are looping it around for our product team. While I wish this next part wasn’t true, I cannot give you a guesstimate for when this feature might become available in the future. Right now, a lot rides on the backs of the third-parties we integrate with from what I understand. That said, you aren’t alone in this need and each time we hear it, we get louder about it for you! We will definitely make sure your feedback is heard. 

Userlevel 7

Hey there, readers! Since this topic was posted and responded to, we’ve come out with tons of super useful articles that provide step-by-step instructions for different tools and features in Calendly, to include workarounds when things aren’t so cut and dry! Prime example: 

This should prove very resourceful as it pertains to the inability to natively offer discount codes in Calendly when collecting payments on your event types. While the article itself was written with a focus on “holiday pricing” and discounts/coupons, the info within can certainly be applied to your use case/s any time of year! =) 

We hope you find it super helpful!