Skip to main content

If someone rejects all cookies on my website then the Calendly calendar doesn’t show up - how do I fix this?

Hi @Adam47734!

I hadn’t heard of this before, so I’ve been doing a ton of digging over here. Can you tell me what your website runs on? And do you have any special privacy plug-ins you’re using? I came across one called Complianz that is designed for Wordpress and the behavior sounds identical to what you’re experiencing. In that situation, it sounds like there’s a setting to ‘deselect’ certain tools/services from the blocked list. I’m sure there are others plug-ins and other site hosting services, so I’m happy to keep digging with some more info!

Website is manifest.agency running on WordPress.

I use CookieYes for consent management. I have worked out that Calendly has cookies that appear in the list under both Functional and Performance and if a visitor disallows either of these in preferences then the calendar doesn’t show.

Hi @Adam47734!

I hadn’t heard of this before, so I’ve been doing a ton of digging over here. Can you tell me what your website runs on? And do you have any special privacy plug-ins you’re using? I came across one called Complianz that is designed for Wordpress and the behavior sounds identical to what you’re experiencing. In that situation, it sounds like there’s a setting to ‘deselect’ certain tools/services from the blocked list. I’m sure there are others plug-ins and other site hosting services, so I’m happy to keep digging with some more info!

I’ve fixed it. Thanks for your advise, I changed the settings on the cookies to “necessary” so they cannot be disabled and it works fine now.

Oh phew. I’m over here on the CookieYes site trying to figure out how to move something from ‘optional’ to ‘technically necessary”. Glad you beat me to it!