Skip to main content
Question

Integrate Calendly calendars

• 24 October 2023
  • 1 reply

How do I integrate Calendly calendars so that an appointment on 1 calendar blocks out time on the other calendars?

Hey, @Gina20071! Great news! Calendly is designed to automatically do what you are asking! Calendly is a scheduling platform that essentially sits on top of your connected personal calendar. It checks for events marked “Busy” and interprets them as conflicts, preventing invitees from scheduling new events at those times.

When an invitee schedules with you, the event is automatically published to your personal calendar and appears on your Calendly Home page under Scheduled Events. Both you and your invitee receive confirmation by email as well, helping to streamline scheduling for appointments, meetings, and more!

I assume by “calendars” you are referring to your different event types? (We use different verbiage here - you can get clarification on what is what on the topic below).

Calendly will not ever allow overlapping meetings between event types or within the same event type. So, if you have three event types (ex: a 30 Minute Meeting, a 45 Minute Meeting and a 60 Minute Meeting) that are all available between 9 to 5pm Monday - Friday and your 45 Minute Meeting is booked at 3pm on Wednesday, the other two meetings will automatically become unavailable for that time block!

Likewise, there is no way to override this if you do wish to have overlapping events for any reason. When users inquire about an ability to have simultaneous bookings, we advise they’ll need to add additional paid seats to their account so that they can set up meetings under multiple paid seats for that overlapping ability. I hope this helps!