Solved

Integration with Outlook calendar

• 8 May 2024
  • 1 reply

i synced my outlook calendar with my event hold on calendly for my guests to choose free slots available. If then i add more busy schedule on outlook, which some conflict with the slots on calendly, does the calendly link event i sent to my guest automatically delete those unavailable slots so that my guest can just see those available left?

icon

Best answer by Kelsi at Calendly 8 May 2024, 13:39

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7

Hey there @Hayenb - great question!

So, yes - this is how Calendly is designed to work. However, after setting up your Outlook Calendar you’ll want to make sure of a few things.

1. Head to your Calendar Connection page and select “edit” next to “Check for conflicts” 
  2. Make sure that you have selected the proper sub calendars so Calendly is reading “busy” events on those sub calendars
  3. Likewise, make sure you have marked all conflicting events in your Outlook Calendar as “busy” so Calendly knows to mark them as conflicts
  4. You can also choose to make other statuses such as “OOO” and “working elsewhere” read as “busy” under the “check for conflicts” settings
  5. You can read more about setting all of this up https://help.calendly.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000586634-Getting-started-with-Office-365-or-Outlook-com

As long as you have properly set up your calendar connections, then yes! Those times will be auto-removed from your public booking page and nobody will be able to book them.

I hope this helps!

p.s. read our New User Guide - it’s full of helpful tips + tricks to reference as you learn the ropes!