Skip to main content
Question

Invited user showing as 'pending' even though they have accepted the invitation

• 29 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi guys,

I’m having an issue with adding a user to our calendly team. I sent them an invite and they’ve accepted it, and they can even schedule basic appointments. However, as their status is ‘pending’ I can’t configure their appointments in the same way.

Is there any particular reason that the invitee is still showing as ‘pending’ and is there anything I can do to fix it?

Thanks!

Ciarán

Hi Ciarán,

Hmm. Usually when we see this happen it turns out there’s a bit of a situation where the address you’ve invited is an alias of the email the other user is actually using. I know it sounds wildly confusing!

I just dug into your account and I’m seeing exactly this scenario. Your pending user was invited at the normal firstname.lastname email address, but it appears the account they created is a number followed by a slightly different domain (your normal domain proceeded by ‘ads.’) which while associated with the correct email address it’s totally confusing the invite system. Close, but not the same.

What I’d recommend doing is one of the following:

Option 1 - Visit your Admin Management page and delete the invitation you’ve already sent to the user. Sync up with them to get the exact email address that their account is using and send an invitation to that instead. They should be able to accept on the create that they’ve already created.

Option 2 - Ask the user to delete the account they’ve created and follow the invitation link one more time to create an account under the intended email address. If she has any trouble trying to do this, I’d recommend opening the ‘Accept Invitation’ link in a private/incognito window in her browser. Since it doesn’t sound like they’re a super active user yet, this might be the better option!

Hope this helps!

@jillian You’re a star, this has worked a treat!

Thank you :)

Ciarán