Skip to main content
Solved

Invites without invitee email address

• 17 July 2024
  • 3 replies

My appointments are getting set and into my calendar, however they don't include the invitee email address so they’re missing the events. I can add it in if I notice. However this should be automated. What do I need to do?  I guess its a setting I need to change?

hanks

Al

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Hey there @AlAl31077 -- thanks for your post!

Firstly, there seems to be a little confusion here -- and that’s okay!

An invitee cannot book without including an email address, and as such, an email address was provided by the invitee. That said, if you use email confirmations, you will not see the invitee’s email address on your calendar event because it’s not a joint calendar event. However, the invitee will have received their email confirmation after booking + that email will have included an ICS file for the invitee to add the event to their own calendar (their event will also be a solo-add, and will not include your email address). The fact that the email address is not on your calendar event does not mean the invitee did not get their confirmation. 

For clarity:

With Calendly, there are two types of invitee booking notifications: Email Confirmations & Calendar invitations.

1. With Email ConfirmationsCalendly sends the invitee an email notification from notifications@calendly.com and has a reply-to address that's associated with your Calendly login email. You can modify this on Account Settings page. You can also select to send this email from a "no-reply" email address, gone over here.
  2. With Calendar Invitations, your connected calendar sends the invitee a notification of the booked meeting which has a reply-to address that's associated with your add-to calendar email on your Calendar Sync page.

Note: Calendar invitations are not compatible with Group Event Types. Group Event Types will default to email confirmations.

With that knowledge, here are a few things you can do:

• switch to calendar invitations for your event types that allow them so that you can see your invitee’s email address on the invite, for your benefit
  • implement Workflows that send email reminders to your invitees so they are less likely to miss their events
  • implement Workflows that send emails asking invitees to reconfirm that they are attending the event so they are less likely to no-show

I hope this helps! 🤗

Thanks so much

I knew I’d had it set up like that before and had been though all the settings but couldn’t see how to change it. I’d missed the link to change to calendar invites and to some extent it wasn’t clear what the difference was. Maybe some better explanations and signposting would help? Anyway I’m all changed now. Thanks! 

Userlevel 7

Thanks so much

I knew I’d had it set up like that before and had been though all the settings but couldn’t see how to change it. I’d missed the link to change to calendar invites and to some extent it wasn’t clear what the difference was. Maybe some better explanations and signposting would help? Anyway I’m all changed now. Thanks! 

Thank you so much for this feedback. I will make sure the right team sees it. We definitely want instructions and user education to be clear.

I’m glad you got it fixed, too, of course!

Let us know if you need anything else -- we’ll be here!