Skip to main content
Solved

Is it possible to have a confirmation email but to the seller before the customer is booked?

• 10 November 2023
  • 5 replies

I'd like to set up an automated system for sending confirmation emails as soon as a customer registers for an event and makes their selections.

This functionality would also enable me to respond later with a "yes" or "no" status, to explicitly confirm that the customer's choices have been taken into account.

Hey @Campus81754!

Hmm. Intriguing. Can you tell me a bit more about the workflow you’re looking for and where the customer picking a time in your Calendly link comes into it? I’ve got some ideas, but want to make sure I’m understanding your request right first!

Thanks!

I'd like to rent out rooms, offices, etc. to my customers.

But I'd like future customers to be able to show interest in a room (date, time, functionality etc...) and then receive an e-mail with the request so that we can accept it. 

Hey @Campus81754 - great questions here!

What you are asking about is a “reconfirm” function, allowing an invitee to select a date/time and for you to confirm that date/time before it’s officially booked. Unfortunately, Calendly does not currently support manual confirmations. We’ve found that manual confirmation increases the steps you have to take to book meetings. Not having to confirm, deny or reschedule a booking eliminates the email back-and-forth of scheduling. Calendly is a scheduling platform that essentially sits on top of your connected personal calendar. It checks for events marked “Busy” and interprets them as conflicts, preventing invitees from scheduling new events at those times.

When an invitee schedules with you, the event is automatically published to your personal calendar and appears on your Calendly Home page under Scheduled Events. Both you and your invitee receive confirmation by email as well, helping to streamline scheduling for appointments, meetings, and more! For this reason, it should not be necessary to manually confirm event bookings - as Calendly already knows when you are and are not available!

However, you can certainly reschedule or cancel events from your Scheduled Events tab as necessary!

To help you maintain control, we’ve also provided lots availability setting options so you don’t have to worry about confirming. When you set your desired availability, the only options invitees have are the time slots that you’re truly prepared for. Here’s some more information about this: Schedules and defining your availability. For greater control over who can schedule with you, you might also consider using secret event types or single-use links!

All that said - this is great feedback! We truly appreciate it. Feedback like yours helps us improve the product over time, which we are always working on doing! Let me know if you have any questions about any of the info I’ve provided, and have a great day otherwise! 

Ok thanks you for all ! 

And sorry, i have a second question : 

Is it possible to have several event durations ? for example when my client books I would like him to be able to choose whether the event will last 4 or 8 hours ?

...Is it possible to have several event durations ? for example when my client books I would like him to be able to choose whether the event will last 4 or 8 hours ?

Unfortunately this is not possible. The duration of a single event type must be set by you and will apply to all future bookings on that specific event type. I hope this helps! Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have further issues or questions.