Skip to main content
Question

Is it possible to set a whole calendar privat?

• 14 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I connect four calendars to calendly. One of this calender is my privat calender. So, I don’t want that other people can see my appointments in the calendar, the subject etc. but calendly should use the duration of the appointments for booking an event.

Is this possible?

Hi @Zybra05864!

Everything within your calendars - all 4 of them! - is totally private and not shown to anyone booking with you. For example, this is what people see when they go to book with me. My Calendly setup includes my work calendar here at Calendly along with my personal calendar and a family calendar. When someone uses the event below, it blocks off time on my work calendar since this is a work event type.

As you see, there are definitely some dates blocked off and if you clicked into any of the available days, there are times blocked off too. But there are no details on what the events are. The duration of events in any of my calendar is set as unavailable time and Calendly finds blocks around those.

Hope this helps!

Hi jillian

thank you for your response. If i choose “Event type” I won’t see the apointments, but if I choose “One-off meeting” or “Meeting Pool” I see all the appointment in the calendars. And that’s my problem. I connected a calendar of a other person I don’t want to see the appointment of him.

Or is it possible to prevent the opinion of “One-off meeting” and “Meeting Pool” in the preferences?

Ah! So that’s just your view, not the view your invitee sees. For example, I just stood up a one-off meeting with time slots for this afternoon as an example for you. During setup, I can see my events happening this week but this is what you’d see when you receive my invite link: