Skip to main content
Question

Is there a setting to force events to be next to each other and prevent gaps between events from occurring? 

• 6 June 2024
  • 3 replies

I am looking for a solution to stop gaps between events from occurring as I want to maximise the number of events I can schedule in a day. Currently, I have two event options - a 90-minute event and a 60-minute event which I would like to use on the same calendar. When a customer books in a meeting at say 8:00 to 9:00 and another books a meeting at say 9:30 and 10:30, there is a 30-minute gap between meetings.

Is there a setting to force events to be next to each other and prevent gaps between events from occurring? 

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Hey there @NN45077 -- great question!

There is not currently a setting like this. This setting would require forcing specific time slots off of your availability on your booking page dependent on bookings already made. It’s a really interesting idea!

Your best bet here is going to be meticulously setting up your Availability Schedules for each event type so that there is as little “time wasted” as possible.

I hope this helps!

Hi,

I’m a tutor and I have just started using Calendly. I have the same problem and I have figured a solution (I wish you, Calendly, could implement a setting like: if meeting x is booked, then y is blocked - that would be a great solution.)

With the current settings there’s only one way: you create several meeting types (1 with 45 min, another with 60 min etc.). Then you - as was said above - meticulously type in all times available individually.

Let’s say your first meeting starts at 8:45 am and you’d like to offer meetings before that.

Calender A (45 min): you type in 8:00 am

Calender B (60 min): you type in 7:45 am

Calender C (90 min): you type in 7:15 am etc.

A lot of work and you’d have to keep track of every single calender, but right now, there’s no other solution. I hope you will be offering a solution to make it possible to only allow a certain duration when booking at time x. That would help a lot.

@Giovanni16802 thanks so much for offering the solution you found, here! I appreciate it and I am sure other Calendly Customers will, too! The feedback on this post has been looped into our monthly report. Have a great day!