Skip to main content

I want to be able to create a managed event template that makes it so that when someone books a phone appointment with a member of the team, their specific number is sent to the person.

(Yes, I realize I could go through manually for each user and set their specific number, but there are a number of appointment lengths and users and that would be reset when I went to un-assign and re-assign in the future.)

Hello @TM-DJ -- thanks for your post!

I assume you are inquiring about an Admin Managed Event that is also a Round Robin Event Type? If so, yes, this can be done within the event type settings. That said, no, you cannot simply include them in the confirmation emails without inputting them in the event type settings under “location” as that is where the info for the confirmations is pulled from. I’m sorry! 

To do this:

You will need to head into the event type editor > event details > location > click “set same location for all” > select “phone call” > set the phone number for each host under the dropdown.

Select “location” > “phone call”
For each host select the dropdown > click “phone call”
A popup will appear > “My invitee should call me” will default (“I will call my invitee” is not available on RRETs) > input the phone number for the host here > click “update”
​​

Make sure to click “save and close” at the bottom of the event type editor when you are finished setting the location/phone number for each host. Then, you’re all set!

I hope this helps!

Hi Kelsi,

So, no, this wouldn’t be for a round robin event.

We have a team, and each member of the team has the capacity to take phone appointments. We have these set up through managed events so that they can be assigned/edited/etc for the whole team at once. In order to push through the updates for managed events however, we have to un-assign and re-assign the events. 

The issue we’re having is that each time we go to un-assign and re-assign the events, that phone number tab that you showed above gets reset to “I will call my invitee” and the number for the user is cleared. 

Given we have a multitude of lengths of meetings, and multiple users, as we make changes to the parent events in the admin center, it’s very tedious to have to go through and re-enter the numbers for every un-assigned and re-assigned event for each user, and it’s very easy to slip up and not realize that you haven’t re-entered one. 

I hope you can advise on a better way to deal with this. 

Thanks.

Hey there @TM-DJ -- I am sorry to hear this is happening. 

You should not have to un-assign and re-assign each managed event to each host whenever you are making changes. This might require some troubleshooting beyond the scope of what I can offer here in community!

Please reach out to our live support team. They’re available 24/7 via live chat, and you can get in touch by logging into your Calendly account > clicking “chat with us” in the bottom righthand corner.

Good luck! I am sure they’ll be able to help!