Skip to main content
Solved

Is there any way to use this as a waitlist?

• 27 March 2024
  • 7 replies

We have an active showroom where clients just walk in to see us and sometimes need to wait. I’d like to utilize a familiar platform for onboarding them while they wait and was hoping Calendly had a solution for an instant appointment or waiting list. We love the calendar ability so it just seems to be a natural fit for the other as well..

7 replies

Userlevel 7

We have an active showroom where clients just walk in to see us and sometimes need to wait. I’d like to utilize a familiar platform for onboarding them while they wait and was hoping Calendly had a solution for an instant appointment or waiting list. We love the calendar ability so it just seems to be a natural fit for the other as well..

Hey there! Thanks so much for your post - great question! 

Calendly does not have a “waiting list” feature at this time - but it sounds like a great idea! I will make sure your feedback is included in our monthly report for the product team.

Now - as far as an “instant appointment” goes - you could technically make this work! All you would need to do is have a one-on-one event type set up and ready to go. You can get the info from each person and input it yourself to book them, or, have them do it! You might even consider setting up an iPad on a stand with the booking page defaulted up to allow for this.

I hope these ideas help you get creative and work around the initial “no” to find a “yes”! Let us know if you need anything else!

P.s. check out our New User Guide and Company Admin Guide as you learn!

Thank you! The more I thought about it, the more challenges I came across. You can’t have an appointment with “nobody” so it needs to be assigned to a person which we don’t have free at this time. A scheduler is forward looking meaning you find a space and a person and tie them together. A waiting list is backwards looking meaning there is a list of people who need a person and there’s nobody to help them yet.

I like the Ipad idea, they can sign in and hopefully we can capture their information for to reach out later in case they decide not to wait. I ran into an app that does scheduling and waitlist called waitwhile but I’m hoping our favorite scheduling company can add it their offerings as it seems a natural fit for companies who have both schedules and unscheduled traffic to manage.

Userlevel 7

@Signature51562 - I totally hear you! I appreciate your feedback genuinely and will make sure that our product team hears it, but, due to not being able to make promises I do hope you can implement some of these workaround ideas and that it all goes smoothly!

Let us know if you hit any snags. We’re here! 💻

I love the idea of a waitlist feature!  I want to make my groups small, but can open another event if I need to.  Without the waitlist feature,  I won’t know if someone couldn’t join. 

Userlevel 7

I love the idea of a waitlist feature!  I want to make my groups small, but can open another event if I need to.  Without the waitlist feature,  I won’t know if someone couldn’t join. 

Thanks for the feedback on this feature request, Tammy! I will make sure it’s noted. Have a great day! 

Hey there! Also adding in my two cents here, that we would LOVE a waitlist feature!

Here’s the use case: We offer live virtual webinars and are just now switching to Calendly as our new booking platform. We cap some around 30 and some around 150 participants. Most are free. We would love the ability to give people the option to register for the waitlist for a specific event day (maybe these dates are color coded differently and have a “join the waitlist” tag on them?)

Then, if someone cancels, automatically adding a waitlisted contact to the list of invitees.

Thanks for listening!

+1 for this feature. I book appointments out 2-3 months at a time. Many times I have no open appointments available and people want to be notified if (a) someone cancels and (b) if I open up new slots in that window. Right now, I keep a sign up sheet on google forms and have to email people if times become available, but the conversion is way worse than my friends who use square with the waitlist feature for their bookings. Would love for customers to be able to “join the waitlist!” for an event, then be notified (or auto booking option?) for any appointments that come up. Thanks for considering!