Skip to main content
Question

It's Calendly the calendar that I need to separate dates and block ones

• 12 January 2024
  • 1 reply

Okay, so I have a Wedding & Events website. I need to be able to block dates once I have received the payment for those. Also, the client needs to see once they enter the calendar page on my website the available dates there so they can schedule their event there. This calendar is not to separate a call meeting or any type of call, is to separate days, block dates, and have the availability ready for the client once they enter the Calendar page on my website. I need to know if I’m able to do this with Calendly.

Hi @catalina48601,

I definitely think you could do this with Calendly!

What I’d recommend is creating an event specific to each of of events you have - for example maybe a 2 hour bridal shower and an 8 hour wedding day. Just be sure to set the events to match the duration the customer is expecting! This helps make sure your schedule is truly open too.

We have a whole range of settings in each event type to help make sure you’re not getting overbooked. For example:

• Use buffer time to account for travel, prep, or anything on your side that would prevent you from closer bookings
  • Use minimum notice to prevent any last minute bookings
  • Use daily limit to ensure you’re only getting booked the max you can truly do that day (ie, only 1 wedding but maybe you can do 2 bridal showers)

The other setting to consider is your availability schedule. You can actually set up different schedules and apply them to different events. So for example, maybe weddings are only available Friday through Sunday, but bridal showers are all days?

Hope this helps!