Skip to main content
Solved

Language doesn't change when I send/share the email invitation

• 17 May 2024
  • 1 reply

I’m using the free Calendly for a while and I’ve changed the language to Portuguese but when I send/share the link to my client all the text continues in English. Is there a problem or calendly works in this way?

Thank you.

Hey there, @CarlosBon - great question. Thanks for posting!

It seems that you likely changed the language in your account settings, but not your event type settings. In order for all of the text on the booking page to change to your desired language you’ll need to update that language in the event type settings as well.

You can do this by following these steps: 

• click into your event type
  • click the “gear” at the top > righthand corner of the event type editor
  • click “change language”
  • select the desired language
  • click “yes”
Click the “gear” > click “change language”

Select desired language > click “yes”

Note (as said in the second screenshot, above): any content that you have personally written (such as the name of the event, the event type description, the content of an email confirmation etc.) will need to be manually updated. I.e. you would need to rewrite in those text fields using the desired language. Changing the event type language will only update the language on pre-populated fields by Calendly, such as the date/time and text within buttons on the booking page, etc. 

I hope this helps! 

p.s. check out our New User Guide! It’s full of tips + tricks to help you get started.