Skip to main content

Limiting the number of hours/day

• 3 February 2024
  • 5 replies

Hi there, my friends, 

I see that we can set a limit on the number of events/day.

But my events are of varying lengths ranging from 15 minutes to 8 hours.

So, limiting events makes no sense - for me - and, I’m guessing, for others. 

What I need to limit are the total number of hours per day. So, is there a way to do that?

I ask because it seems that limiting factor is the number of hours/day - a much more useful because it's the number of hours available in the day that’s the true, real world limit. Not the number of events. 

Anyone else?

Hey there @RScott - thanks so much for your topic and the description of your use case!

At this time, there is no way to limit the number of total bookings (hours) per day/week/month, but this is a frequently requested feature by our users here in community. We have and will continue to loop this feedback around to our product team in our monthly feature request reports. While I cannot make promises about if/when new features might be implemented in the future, I can tell you that our product team is constantly considering user feedback when working to improve Calendly as a whole, and we are making sure your voice is heard!

I hope you have a great weekend! 

Thanks, Kelsi. I really appreciate your taking my thoughts to heart.

I offer it because I’m hoping to speak for the “truest” limit we need to set - and that is on our scarcest resource - time.

It seems to me that whoever decided on “events” was likely doing so as proxy for time and, given the chance to rethink it, would see time/hours as infinitely more realistic - more useful. 

Looking forward to what emerges, 

scott 

Hey again @RScott - I appreciate the deeper dive into your thought process in regards to this feature request. With each Calendly Customer that requests this same feature, we get different explanations, use cases and descriptions of how it would benefit the user and their team - this is something I greatly and genuinely appreciate. So, thanks again! I will make sure your feedback is looped around to our product team as promised. I hope you have a wonderful evening! =) 

Hi @RScott and @Kelsi at Calendly -- I just wanted to add my vote “PLEASE YES” to the request. I am a mom, a business owner, and a grad student whose weeks look more like a tightrope walk, and I would LOVE to be able to limit the total number of hours per week that clients can book with me. I have bookings that range from 30-60-90 minutes, and it’s hard to predict which type of appointment clients will be seeking on any type of consistent basis. Limiting the number of sessions per day doesn’t cut it here, and I’m much more interested in the full picture of a week vs. a particular day. I’ve tried doing time blocking on my calendar and limiting my availabilities in Calendly, but it would be worlds easier to manage and forecast my capacity if I could set a weekly limit of total client hours!! PLEASE make this a feature! 

Hi @RScott and @Kelsi at Calendly 
This is a basic feature we need for our team, some consultants need a hard limit on the total number of hours they work in the day regardless of event type