Skip to main content
Question

Looking for a way to have customer's phone numbers included in the body of the calendar appointment(while also having text workflow)

• 7 August 2024
  • 2 replies

I know that Phone appointments add numbers in the location field automatically, but for non-phone appointments, it seems like the only way to add it is by adding a request for a number as an Invitee Question, which doesn’t interact with the phone number intake for the text workflow, so you end up having to ask a person to enter their number twice, which isn’t a good enough solution for my business.

Hopefully, someone knows a way to avoid this, thanks.

Hi Tech Medic!

This is a good question and intuitively feels like it should be possible but there are a few factors that keep this feature off the table. SMS reminders cannot be a required field due to privacy and carrier regulations, you are not guaranteed to receive an invitee's phone number when requesting invitees to opt in for text messages.

If you need their phone number to contact them later, we recommend adding a second, required invitee questions asking for the best number where they reached during the day, or something to that effect. This slight distinction indicates that this number could be a work line rather than the mobile phone number for text reminders, making the double-entry appear less burdensome to your invitee! Sorry this isn’t the answer you are probably looking for but I hope this helps!

Thanks for the explanation. We’ll figure out if a second request for phone number - like you suggested, makes sense. Thanks!