Skip to main content
Question

Looking for a way to set up meeting with multiple hosts and more than 10 attendees

• 18 December 2023
  • 1 reply

I am looking to see how I can set up an event with two hosts and multiple (more than 10) attendees.

Essentially, we hold monthly webinars with clients and ask the clients to choose the date/time, so one person would be in charge of selecting the time, but then they have a bunch of staff they also want to include in the calendar invites. We’ve tried having them forward the invites to their staff, but then the staff don’t appear on the original invites and we book up to six months out, so they often forget whether the invite went out to the staff. Anything we add to the invite or change within the invite also doesn’t get sent to their staff unless they reforward the invite.

I see that it’s possible to hold a group event with one host, but we need two hosts for these webinars.  

Hey @Arielle43311 - thanks for your post!

There is not a perfect solution to this, so I am going to map out a few different event types that you might be interested in and you can go from there. 

Firstly, our one-on-one event types (one host to one invitee) allows for the invitee to add up to 10 additional guests (presumably, you know this - but just making sure to touch all bases!). The rest of your options are as follows (expand each section to learn - click each link to learn more): 

• Group Event Types

A group event type is a one-to-many event type—one Calendly host to many invitees. Group events are helpful when you want multiple invitees to attend an event at once, such as:

Webinars Training sessions Museum tours 

• Collective Event Types

Collective event types allow an invitee to schedule a time to meet with multiple members of your team simultaneously. These events are perfect for scheduling:

a sales call with an account executive and an SDR a technical support call with a customer support rep and an engineer interviews with a recruiter and a hiring manager
    ​​​​​

• Round Robin Event Types

Use round robin events to increase your team's flexibility by allowing invitees to choose a time with any available member of your team. These events are perfect for:

Connecting leads with sales reps for intro calls and demos Connecting new customers with the client services team for onboarding and training Connecting existing customers with a member of the support team Connecting candidates with recruiters for phone screenings

• Collective Round Robin Event Types

If you are on our Teams and Enterprise plan and need a more advanced multi-person event, you can take advantage of our enhanced Collective and/or Round Robin features. This lets you set a multi-person event with a mix of “hosts that will always attend” and a “rotating pool” of other hosts.

For example, you can set up:

A product demo with the Account Executive and a Sales Engineer. The Account Executive would always attend, and the Sales Engineer will be assigned from a Round Robin pool.

A panel interview with the hiring manager, a team leader, and a peer. The hiring manager would always attend, and the team leader and peer would be assigned from two different Round Robin pools.  

Your best bet here might be to use a collective round robin event type. You can read more about the benefits and how to do this, here. Unfortunately there is no way (yet!) to set up an event type that specifically allows for one person to book and add 10+ additional invitees with multiple Calendly hosts, as well. So, figuring out the best event type to use as your foundation and then how to make sure others are added after it’s created will be the way to go, here. You can also use Workflows to send reminders to the “true” invitee that includes verbiage about reminding their added guests.

I hope this helps!