Skip to main content
Question

Mailchimp Integration - how to edit checkbox text?

• 31 December 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi there,

I’ve recently integrated my Mailchimp Account with Calendly.

I’m wondering if it’s possible to edit the default checkbox text “I’d like to subscribe to future emails” and if not, could this feature please be added?

I feel like the default text is a little bit ambiguous for clients making them much less likely to opt-in.
(I would rather use something like “Subscribe to mailing list to receive future discounts and special offers”)

Also, if there was an option to re-order the checkbox similar to how one can re-order Calendly questions.

For example, I use a PayPal button for my paid events but the small checkbox automatically appears under the PayPal button instead of at the end of my event questions.

The small checkbox is now much more likely to get ignored being under the huge yellow PayPal button, which people will click immediately after answering questions.

I know I could create a question asking the same thing with a checkbox however the integrated checkbox automatically adds the client data to Mailchimp which is very convenient and what the integration is designed for, compared to doing this manually.

Thanks!

Hey there @JonathanF - thanks for your post! Firstly, check out our New User Guide - it’ll def prove helpful as you get used to the platform!

At this time these goals are not possible, but I am going to loop this feedback around for our product team to consider in future updates! 

Something you might be able to look into is the functionality of the button(s) when embedding your booking page on a website, which does make things more customizable if you are able to alter the code (we suggest working with a developer if you aren’t able to do this yourself). Check out this handy overview of our embed options! You can also take a look at this website for examples of each one.

You can read about the complete functionality of our MailChimp integration here which might help, as well. In the meantime, a workaround might be setting Invitee Questions On Your Booking Page (as you mentioned) and using other tools to import that information to your CRM and/or a spreadsheet, such as with Zapier

I also strongly suggest looking into our routing options. Routing forms let you request information such as industry, company size, specific interests, etc. from website visitors and automatically direct them to a specific scheduling or web page based on their responses. It's great for screening and qualifying sales leads on a website or matching clients or students to the booking page of the right subject-matter expert based on their interests, program, or other criteria. You can read more about setting up routing forms, here! I hope this helps!

Read more in community: 

Remember our Help Center is jam packed with helpful info, too! =)