Skip to main content

Hello, 

I have a client that is looking for a solution for potential customers to book a product testing online. He has 20 products in 3 categories (7 products type A, 7 products type B and 6 products type C). 

Would it be possible to create an online form where people can request testing a product of type A and Calendly shows if yes/no there’s a product of type A available? 

I think it could work if you create 20 calendars, but I’m not sure if Calendly can work with categories. 

Many thanks in advance for your ideas!  

Katrien 

Hi @Katrien06268,

While Calendly isn’t an inventory management tool we are really good at automating scheduling. Assuming that each of those 20 products would have time reserved on a host’s calendar, while a client is testing them, Calendly should be able to support this. I don’t think you need to create and link 20 different calendars but you could do that. I’d suggest you create a One-On-One Event Type for each product and name it clearly with an organized naming structure. Then after all are created, go back and use the Book Over Meetings feature to tell Calendly to ignore the other 19 meetings. This will be a burden to set up but once you’ve created all these meetings you won’t have to think about them again.

Alternatively, you could create 20 different calendars, link them and then proceed with making a One-On-One Event for each product. This might get a little tricky because Calendly only permits 6 calendars per “person” which, in your customer’s case, would necessitate them using 4 seats that don’t cleanly divide between each category of product. 

No matter how you set up the event types you will still need to include a step that navigates invitees to the right product. For that you should set up Routing Forms with a set of screener questions. It is hard to determine how you should set these up with the information provided in your question but I’d imagine it could be simply two questions. I’d suggest first asking which category of product and then the next question could be which specific product the invitee is hoping to test. You could also take the opportunity to add additional questions to get more information from the invitees for follow up. Based on how invitees answer these screener questions they would be navigated to the correct event type. I’m leaving some resources below that explain linking calendars, Book Over Meetings, and Routing Form logic. 

Calendly | Pricing

Getting started with Routing Forms

Book over meetings

Connect multiple calendars to your Calendly account