Skip to main content
Question

Managing Calendly on behalf of others

• 13 March 2024
  • 1 reply

I am the administrator at a small organization and need to create and manage meetings on behalf of two individuals.  From what I understand, I can log into their calendly accounts to set up their events.  Would I have the ability to handle all the notifications and communications for bookings?  We would also want both them and myself to be notified when something is booked?   Would I need access to their email accounts to do this?  If this is doable, which subscription would we need to manage this? 

Hey there @CD2024 - great questions, here! Check out both our New User Guide and our Company Admin Guide - they will both answer these questions and more! 

Now, to your points! 

Firstly, you can set up and assign Admin Managed Events to your users all from your own account. That said, you will not be able to control their account settings like this, and would need to log into their accounts like you mentioned. As long as you have their login credentials you can do this part without issue, manage their booking notifications and reminders, Workflows, integrations and more. Using Admin Managed events you’d be able to handle the settings for those events - booking notifs included - from your own account.

Secondly, Calendly will only notify the Calendly user that is booked with the event, and the invitee - so you will not get notified by Calendly for event types booked on behalf of other hosts. That being said, we do have a workaround that may help! You can set up a forwarding filter in the inbox of the other hosts (in their login email accounts) to automatically forward all emails received from notifications@calendly.com. You can even forward notifications for a specific event type by filtering by subject titles that include the event type name. This will not post the events directly on another calendar, but it may be helpful in making this process a bit easier if that is needed.

You will need our Standard or Teams plans for all of this. Check out our Pricing Page for more info!

Standard
Our Standard plan is:

• $10/user/month (billed annually)
  • $12/user/month (billed monthly)

For small teams or individuals with more sophisticated scheduling needs
Standard features include all Free features, plus

• Group and collective event types
  • Multiple calendars for availability and scheduling
  • Unlimited one-on-one event types
  • Reminders, reconfirmation requests and other workflows
  • Customizable branding and logos on your website
  • Hubspot, Paypal, Stripe, and 100s of integrations
  • Live chat support

Teams
Our Teams plan is:

• $16/user/month (billed annually)
  • $20/user/month (billed monthly)

For the admin that wants more, including Salesforce and Round Robin.
Teams features include Standard features, plus

• Connect to Salesforce to flow meeting data into the CRM
  • Round Robin events
  • Route leads with Hubspot, Marketo, or Pardot forms
  • Lock and sync admin-managed event templates

I hope this helps!