Skip to main content

Managing multi-user availability

• 26 April 2024
  • 1 reply

@Kelsi at Calendly Hi! It seems like you are an expert in different team use cases 🙂 So my use case is: I have 5 team members, and everyone has their free version Calendly. So my goal is to manage available slots between all of us several times a month. It’s ok for me to book all members from someone’s Calendly (mine for example) and the only task is to make sure that all of us are available. So is it possible to handle it without paying for a team subscription and buy for example only one standard subscription for my account and manage all of us in my account?

Hey there @Jerry.S - thanks for your question! I went ahead and split your comment from where you posted it because it was off-topic, and making it its own topic will benefit other community members as well as they search things, here. Just to make sure you know what’s up! 🤗

Unfortunately, no, your use case here really is not possible without purchasing a “seat” for each user on your plan and inviting them to join your plan. 

Having each user on their own free plan will be useless in this case, as their appointments will not appear in their Calendly accounts. Likewise, all appointments will appear on your connected calendar. Calendly accounts cannot “communicate” this way, either - there is no way to “manage” your other users from your Standard account unless you actually purchase seats and add them there. Otherwise, each of them will remain their own free user with a free account that is entirely its own. 

Most importantly, however, Calendly will not be able to check the other users’ calendars for conflicts, nor will you be able to allow more than one user to be booked at the same time doing it the way you plan. Calendly will consider every booking to be for you if it’s made in your account, and Calendly does not allow overlapping bookings by design as it sees each account as one “person” that cannot be in two places at once. So, even if you were to simply make all bookings in your account for yourself and then once they are pushed to your “add to” calendar, add new hosts to the actual calendar event - only one booking would be able to be made at a time. 

These reasons and more mean that what you’re hoping to do just isn’t really feasible. I’m sorry!

You’ll want to check out our Standard and Teams plans and see which one best suits your needs. You can read more about our plans, pricing and features on our Pricing Page! Note: an annual subscription will result in a 20% discount for all paid plans!

Standard
Our Standard plan is:

• $10/user/month (billed annually)
  • $12/user/month (billed monthly)

For small teams or individuals with more sophisticated scheduling needs
Standard features include all Free features, plus

• Group and collective event types
  • Multiple calendars for availability and scheduling
  • Unlimited one-on-one event types
  • Reminders, reconfirmation requests and other workflows
  • Customizable branding and logos on your website
  • Hubspot, Paypal, Stripe, and 100s of integrations
  • Live chat support

Teams
Our Teams plan is:

• $16/user/month (billed annually)
  • $20/user/month (billed monthly)

For the admin that wants more, including Salesforce and Round Robin.
Teams features include Standard features, plus

• Connect to Salesforce to flow meeting data into the CRM
  • Round Robin events
  • Route leads with Hubspot, Marketo, or Pardot forms
  • Lock and sync admin-managed event templates

Let us know if you have any more questions - we’re happy to help!

Check out our New User Guide and Company Admin Guide as well.