Skip to main content

Meeting links expiring after first booking?

• 8 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Hello everyone,

I've encountered an issue where the links I create deactivate after the first person selects a time slot. I'm looking for a solution to utilize this as part of my recruiting activity. Specifically, I need to create a link that remains active, enabling multiple individuals to use it to select their time slots over the course of the next few days. Any advice or guidance on how to achieve this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Hey there @Jhuan35424 - thanks for your question! I hope you don’t mind, but I’ve created a new topic from the comment you left on another. This will make your new question easier for other users to find and learn from, and easier for you to track as well! 🙂 Let’s dig in!

It sounds like you might have unintentionally created a One-Off Meeting rather than a one-on-one meeting. One-off meetings are intended to give priority to a meeting with one invitee over other bookings, and all links for these meetings are, by design, single-use links. Once an invitee books this meeting type, the link will become inactive - so if you’ve sent it to multiple invitees, nobody after the first will be able to book via it! 

You will want to create a one-on-one event type in order to set up that type of meeting (you, the host, meets with one invitee - but can book that with multiple invitees via one link). Once you’ve created that meeting, Share Your Calendly Link however you please - but make sure not to accidentally turn it into a single-use link when doing so! There is a box that allows you to “set the link to expire after first booking” you will want to avoid, in this case.

I hope this helps!