Skip to main content
Question

Meeting not showing up on invitee's Outlook calendar

• 19 April 2024
  • 1 reply

We are currently testing the Calendly feature with Outlook. We created a scheduling desk calendar that is being used with Calendly. I sent a test invite to myself. I received the invitation email; however, the meeting has not been placed on my calendar. I know there are no restrictions, as we have received Calendly invites from outside, which are showing up on our calendars.

Hey there @OnPoint38103 - thanks for your post!

For some context, with Calendly, there are two types of invitee booking notifications: Email Confirmations & Calendar invitations.

1. With Email ConfirmationsCalendly sends the invitee an email notification from notifications@calendly.com and has a reply-to address that's associated with your Calendly login email. You can modify this on Account Settings page.
  2. With Calendar Invitations, your connected calendar sends the invitee a notification of the booked meeting which has a reply-to address that's associated with your Add to calendar email on your Calendar Connection page.

Note: Calendar invitations are not compatible with iCloud Calendar or the Outlook Plugin (for Windows users). Users with either of these calendar connections set up as their "add-to calendar" on their Calendar Connection page will be defaulted to Email Confirmations. 

Because you are testing out email confirmations, the meeting will not automatically appear on the invitee calendar. You said you received the email invitation - that’s the first step! You’d then (as the invitee) need to click to add the meeting to the calendar from within that email. There is an attached ICS file that is for this purpose.

I hope this helps! Let us know if you run into any further issues, and we’ll be here!

p.s. check out our New User Guide - it’s full of tips + tricks to help as you get started!