Skip to main content
Question

Meeting Poll Reserved Times No Longer Displaying on my Outlook Calendar

• 14 May 2024
  • 3 replies

HELP! I’ve sent out meeting poll invites and went back in to Calendly to delete meeting spots held for the next morning when no one responded. Since I did this ALL reserved meeting times have disappeared from my Outlook calendar and I’m afraid someone will now be able to overbook and steal the time slot(s) reserved for my very important meeting.

Hey there, @PhxPeace - thanks for posting!

When you create a Meeting Poll and choose to include reserve times, those times are added and attached to the meeting poll itself. Ideally, the invitees will “respond” by selecting and confirming times that work for each of them. Once you confirm the time for the meeting, all of the reserved times are then deleted automatically - they are simply place holders to ensure that no other events (via Calendly) are booked during those times while you wait to see what time the meeting poll results in. 

Because you deleted the actual meeting poll itself, those reserved times are now permanently gone, as well -- as they are attached to the meeting poll and simply meant to be temporary holds. They are not and never will be attached directly to your connected personal calendar. 

From the “reserving times” section of our Help Center article, "Getting started with meeting polls"

If you’d like to prevent new bookings while people are still voting on times, you can reserve times.

Reserving times will place holds on your calendar for all offered times, to prevent double-booking. Once your meeting is booked, Calendly will remove the holds from your calendar. Calendly will also remove holds if the pending meeting is deleted.

Note that, after a meeting has been booked or a poll has been deleted, it can take several minutes to remove the holds from your calendar.

If you need those times blocked off, I suggest blocking them off directly in your Outlook Calendar to ensure nobody books over them. If you need them blocked off specifically via a Calendly meeting poll, you’ll want to go create a new meeting poll and add those same reserve times again -- keeping in mind that if you delete the meeting poll they will disappear and as soon as the meeting poll ends (a time is confirmed) they will disappear, as well.

I hope this helps!

NOT SOLVED. I think you misunderstood. I did not delete the meeting poll itself, only removed/deleted some offered meeting times for the next morning. The poll is still open, but the reserved times are no longer appearing on my Outlook Calendar. 

NOT SOLVED. I think you misunderstood. I did not delete the meeting poll itself, only removed/deleted some offered meeting times for the next morning. The poll is still open, but the reserved times are no longer appearing on my Outlook Calendar. 

Hey - sorry about that! When a reply is marked “best answer” it says “solved,” but that doesn’t mean you won’t continue to get replies! “Best answer” just guarantees that the response is pinned to the top so the info in that response is seen by the original poster and others that look. I removed “best answer” for now! 

I’m also sorry for the misunderstanding. 

If you edited your meeting poll and the reserve times are no longer showing up, the most likely issue is that “reserve times” somehow got turned off while you were editing. Go back to “scheduled events” > “pending” > “edit” your meeting poll > click “next” on the page you use to select times > check to see if “reserve times” is selected on the final page of settings. If it’s not selected, then that’s your fix! If it is still selected, you will need to troubleshoot your calendar connection. Sometimes these connections go wrong. In that case, I’d suggest disconnecting and reconnecting your calendar, then trying again to reserve times. 

If this does not work please reach out to our support team for more personalized troubleshooting. They are available 24/7 and you can reach them live by clicking “help” in your account.

I hope this helps!