Skip to main content
Question

Microsoft Teams and Otter

• 8 August 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi

We have recently changed remote meetings from Zoom to MS Teams. We are also trialing Otter AI for note taking.

Out set up is our main email & calendars on our Exchange Server, linked to Calendly and MS Teams (& Otter AI) on a different email address.

I’ve noticed that Calendly doesn’t create a MS Teams link for MS Teams meetings and this is instead a Calendly link to a MS Teams meeting. It also doesn’t create the event in MS Teams, only on our Exchange Server.

The results of this are:

• we need to manually copy the event into MS Teams
  • The meeting link/location is not picked up by MS Teams as a MS Teams meeting, so you need to copy the link into a browser and then manually open in MS Teams
  • Otter AI does not automatically join the MS Teams Meeting as the link/location is not a MS Teams link
  • Generally creates a lot of manual work where the hope was to integrate and automate everything

Is there a solution available I am unaware of ()that does not involve us moving to Office 365)? Or is there a solution in the pipeline?

Hey Jason!

Trevor here with Calendly support, sorry to hear about the impact this issue has had on you! 

You are correct that when Calendly integrates with Microsoft Teams and generates a meeting link, the format does not match the original Teams link and is instead a custom calendly.com/teams link. 

I’ve spoken with our product team regarding this default behavior in the past and while there are not any set plans to adjust this setting at this time, I’d be more than happy to add this to our feature request board so our product team can evaluate adding it in the future! 

Ticket reference is 2844896 

Lastly as for workarounds, if you set the location of your event type to custom location, you can apply a static Teams link from that account to resolve the listed issues above. However this does mean it would not be an auto generated link each time so you would be providing an active link to users that can be accessed after. 

Apologies for the inconvenience this issue has caused and I hope our product team sees the importance of this addition to our product and will release it in the near future. 

Thanks for taking the time to chat with us and be a part of our community!

Hi Trevor

Thanks for responding. Is it a deliberate choice of the development team to use a calendly.com/teams link instead of a standard teams link or is it a technical limitation?