Skip to main content
Solved

Modify Automated Confirmation Email to Host

• 23 February 2024
  • 3 replies

How do I modify the automatic confirmation to the host after a booking? I wanted to add in some of the UTM parameters to more easily identify the point of origin for the meeting request.

Hey there @ash-faulkner - thanks for your topic! Firstly, check out our New User Guide - it’ll def prove helpful as you get used to the platform!

At this time, there is no way to retroactively apply new event type settings to bookings made prior to those changes. Event type settings in place at the time of booking are “locked in,” if that makes sense! This means that you cannot force edits to the booking confirmation to be sent to existing invitee bookings. The only way to make this happen would be to cancel and reschedule those bookings. I know this isn't exactly what you wanted to hear but do hope the information helps, at least somewhat!

Let us know if you have anything else we can assist with and we’ll be here!

@Kelsi at Calendly 

I’m not trying to retroactively apply settings. I just want more information moving forward. I had read through the documentation that variables could be inserted into the emails, and though I was able to modify the confirmation email sent to the individual who booked the meeting I haven’t been able to figure out where to make the changes for the automatic email sent to the host after a meeting has been requested.

Hey again @ash-faulkner - thanks for clarifying for me! I was mistaken in thinking you were attempting to send out automated emails via Calendly to invitees of the past. My mistake!

The automated email confirmation sent to the host will be the same each time. It cannot be customized. However, you can still set up a confirmation that you do customize!

You can use the above linked Workflows feature to set up emails to the host as soon as a booking is made (or at any specified time after a booking is made).

Head into your Workflows tab and create your new “email reminder to host” Workflow. Once you’ve done this click “edit” (shown below) under “do this” and next to “send email to host” > use the text field and desired variables to customize the email! Hope this is helpful!

Click “edit” here to customize email
Enter text and use desired variables to customize > click “done”