Skip to main content
Question

Moving a meeting from one calendar to another

• 8 November 2023
  • 3 replies

I have two sales reps and each create a calendar to book meetings at an upcoming tradeshow. One rep had a couple meetings booked on her calendar that she feels would be better for the other rep. Can I move those meetings from one calendar to another?

Hey @RCI40118! Great question!

When you say “move from one calendar to another” are you referring to the connected calendar set up as the “add to” calendar, external to Calendly (such as Google), for each rep? If so, this depends. When heading to your Calendar Connection page and clicking “edit” next to “add to calendar” if the “sync cancellations” box is checked (if this box does not exist it’s because it’s not compatible with the host’s add to calendar, so you can ignore this part), moving events from one calendar to another will be read as “cancelling” them, resulting in those events being cancelled in Calendly. However, if that box is not checked you are free to move it from one calendar to another outside of Calendly, keeping in mind this will NOT result in a change of host in Calendly itself. So, when going to your “scheduled events” tab under “all teams and users” the booking would still read as being scheduled with the original host. 

If you are referring to moving them from one user to another within Calendly, this is not possible (right now!) - you would need to cancel the booking in Calendly and then rebook it for the new user (host). 

I hope this helps! Let us know if you need anything else at all! =) 

Thank you Kelsi. Yes, I was referring to moving them from one user to another within Calendly. That would certainly be a helpful tool.

A quick follow-up question then would be if we used Calendly’s routing feature in the future, that would direct a user to the correct calendar based on criteria we setup, correct? For example, if a user is from the U.S. they’d be directed to one calendar vs. someone from Korea.

Hello again!

You are correct! Routing forms let you request information such as industry, company size, specific interests, etc. from website visitors and automatically direct them to a specific scheduling or web page based on their responses. It's great for screening and qualifying sales leads on a website or matching clients or students to the booking page of the right subject-matter expert based on their interests, program, or other criteria. You can read more about setting up routing forms, here!

In your described use case, you would want to use the routing logic to send invitees to the appropriate event type based on questions they answer about location, for example. 

I hope this helps! I agree that it would be very helpful to be able to move an existing booking from one host to another - and we appreciate that feedback, genuinely!