Skip to main content
Question

Moving a meeting on Sunday and overruling the max number of meetings

• 9 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Here's my situation:

I don't allow for more than two meetings per day. Two meetings have been scheduled and the last meeting should be postponed with just one hour. If I try to rescheduled our meeting myself, the problem is that I'm not allowed to do that on that specific day. 

Very likely because the limit of a mass of two meetings per day blocks my ability to postpone the meeting and reschedule it just one hour. Apparently Calendly seize this as a third meeting. 

Two questions:
does Calendly sees this as a third meeting indeed? 
What is the best work-around?  

I hope someone can help,  

Cheers, 

Paul Harts 
Ras-al-Khaimah
United Arab Emirates

My apologies for a really weird title of this topic. Can't see an option to change that quickly.

Hey there Paul! Thanks for your post, and welcome! 

In short: yes. Calendly would consider the rescheduled event to be a third meeting. The workaround here would be to fully cancel the meeting and then rebook it, instead of using the official reschedule option. You can do this without making the invitee rebook! Just take the info from the invitee details on your “scheduled events” page and after cancelling, head to your own booking page to input the invitee’s info and rebook them. I hope this helps!

My apologies for a really weird title of this topic. Can't see an option to change that quickly.

No need to apologize! Technology can act super weird for no apparent reason, sometimes. I went ahead and edited the extra words out of the title for you! =) 

Dear Kelsi et alii,  

Thank you very much and I will bear this in mind. Thank you for the swift reply.

I do think it would be handy if Calendly would not see this as a third meeting since I am the owner of the account and  I am the person trying to overrule the settings. Assuming that I know what I’m doing.:-) that should be allowed. Perhaps this is something to consider for the developer team.

Many thanks again.

Paul Harts 

Dear Kelsi et alii,  

Thank you very much and I will bear this in mind. Thank you for the swift reply.

I do think it would be handy if Calendly would not see this as a third meeting since I am the owner of the account and  I am the person trying to overrule the settings. Assuming that I know what I’m doing.:-) that should be allowed. Perhaps this is something to consider for the developer team.

Many thanks again.

Paul Harts 

Hey Paul! I really appreciate your feedback here - thanks so much for offering it, and we will absolutely keep it in mind. Have a great day! =)