Skip to main content

I  have synced my google calendar with calendly and have ensured it is in fact the correct account, and that all my calendars are “sharing” with that account… All of my events are set to “busy”, yet my calendly availability is remaining as default and nothing is changing…

I have tried unlinking and relinking my google account to no avail… Am I missing something? 

Hi @Ryan40228!

Sounds like you’ve checked your calendar connections, so I’m wondering if your setup isn’t checking for conflicts. Mind giving that a check and letting us know what you find? More info here.

It does say it’s checking , here’s a screenshot. All the blue represents the same gmail account ( the one my google calendar is under) 

Funny enough, when I book a calendly appointment with somebody else , Calendly recognizes what’s on my google calendar and notifies me of my availability before I book with them accordingly. 

Thanks for confirming this! Could you please check for us-- 

Are your “shared” calendars shared with “read/write” permissions? For some background, calendars will need to be shared with “read/write” permissions for your live booking page(s) to check them for conflicts 😊

Feel free to reference this Google Support article for more info on sharing Google calendars.

Thanks for confirming this! Could you please check for us-- 

Are your “shared” calendars shared with “read/write” permissions? For some background, calendars will need to be shared with “read/write” permissions for your live booking page(s) to check them for conflicts 😊

Feel free to reference this Google Support article for more info on sharing Google calendars.

Hey Sam, thank you for the input! Here’s a screenshot of what my shared calendars look like.

The top account is my main Gmail, the one that is linked to my Calendly and what I sign into Calendly with. It looks like it’s shared with maximum permissions. Is there a way to share calendars

directly with calendly? 

Hey @Ryan40228!

To answer your question at the end - there is no way to “share” calendars directly with Calendly. You have to connect them via the Calendar Connection page, like you did your first one. =) 

May I ask what plan you are on? If you are on any paid plan, you can connect up to six calendars the “right” way, and this would not be as much of an issue! That said, if you are on the free plan with a single calendar connection, this is a common way to ensure Calendly is reading more than that single calendar for conflicts. 

If you have “read/write” permissions the calendars should appear as sub calendars under your “check for conflicts” section for you to select from. Here is a snippet from this help center article about Google Calendar connections: 

Checking multiple Google calendars

Calendly can read your availability based on one or more calendars. To connect existing calendars, you'll need to share them using the settings within Google.

Open your calendar on a computer and find the My calendars section in the sidebar. Hover over the calendar you would like to share, and open the options drop-down to find Settings and sharing. Once the page opens, locate the Share with specific people section and add the email address of the receiving calendar account. Be sure to update the permissions selection to Make changes and manage sharing.

sharegoog1.0.gif

If you prefer, you can create new calendars for different categories of events. Read more about sharing calendars on Google's help center. Once your calendars are shared, return to your Calendar Connection page and check off all that apply so Calendly can accurately read your availability.

Based on that info, your shared calendar should be “working” as an option in Calendly as you’ve set it up correctly. Did you do this after establishing the connection in Calendly, by chance? Sometimes this connection can “glitch” and here’s what I suggest trying next: 

1. Disconnect your Google Calendar in Calendly
  2. Clear your cache and cookies (steps below this list)
  3. Restart your browser
  4. Start up again and reconnect the calendar in Calendly
  5. Hopefully this resolves it - but if not
    1. Check your browser and device for updates (operating system, application)
    2. Run any updates, restart device
    3. Try an incognito window to reestablish the connection in Calendly as a last step

How to clear browser cache

Browser Link for steps
Chrome https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en
Firefox https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-clear-firefox-cache
Safari https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=69468
IE 11 https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=15141
Edge https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10607/microsoft-edge-view-delete-browser-history

If this does not resolve your issue, please let us know and send any further screenshots or details that might help us troubleshoot! 

Also - make sure any events on your calendars that you want to be read as conflicts are marked “busy”! Calendly will view your Google events with this "busy" event status as scheduling conflicts and will automatically remove the time from your scheduling page (including all-day or multi-day events). You can access and change this setting by double-clicking on the event id in your calendar as shown below: