Skip to main content

Hi.  How can I raise a new feature request for Calendly?  I can’t seem to see any links or options for it anywhere on the website or in the community.

Many thanks,

Dave.

Hi @DavePOB!

You can post it here. Calendly Community does a monthly round up of customer feedback that goes right to Product, so everything gets looked at!

Thanks @jillian.  Here’s my new feature request…

Background

I’m a freelancer with my own company email address (primary / used for Calendly), and up to 5 client email addresses at any one time.  All of these are linked in Calendly, and all of my clients use Microsoft Teams for meetings.  I ‘white-label’ with my clients i.e. I have to book meetings with my client-specific email / calendar, and most individuals only know me with a client-specific email address (i.e. don’t know that I’m a freelancer).

I’m frequently having to explain that my local client calendar doesn’t reflect my overall availability, and that they should use one of my Calendly links to only check my overall availability, and then book an appropriate online meeting in the local client calendar.  This means that I get a correct Teams invite that is specific to that client email (which of course subsequently blocks out my availability in Calendly too).

If they were to book through my Calendly link, it would be against my freelance business email address, and my company email Teams licence (to which all the client attendees appear as external attendees).  Quite often, I need to record/transcribe during Teams calls - and they need to be stored by default under the client Teams settings).

Request

Is it possible for my clients to use my Calendly links, but (through workflows?) to actually book an online Teams meeting against the client email/calendar and therefore using my client Teams links, rather than everything always being against my own business email?

Hope this makes sense,

Dave.

Hi @DavePOB!

I think I’m following. Basically the issue is that you manage your availability through your freelance calendar which syncs up your entire life and allows for most meetings to be scheduled with ease. But for certain client meetings you need to be able to give them visibility into your synced up calendar, but actually book locally so that Teams cooperates and you don’t show as external.

Let me do some digging around with my peers and see what we can figure out. Give me a day or two. That alright?

Hi @DavePOB!

I think I’m following. Basically the issue is that you manage your availability through your freelance calendar which syncs up your entire life and allows for most meetings to be scheduled with ease. But for certain client meetings you need to be able to give them visibility into your synced up calendar, but actually book locally so that Teams cooperates and you don’t show as external.

Let me do some digging around with my peers and see what we can figure out. Give me a day or two. That alright?

Yes.  Basically, I need my ‘Client A’ to be able to use a Calendly link of mine that results in emails and meeting invites (for Teams) all using my ‘Client A’ email address.

Got it. So I’m definitely going to include this as part of my January product feedback roll up, but bear with me as I really think outside the box. Ready?

I’m contemplating if you could use Calendly to setup a placeholder event with your generic email address but without an associated Teams, Zoom, etc. meeting - just all the right people, right time, etc. And then use Zapier with a filter (either on event name or maybe on attendee email domain?) to modify the corresponding Outlook event (guessing here; if you’re using Teams that makes me think Outlook is involved) to add the Teams meeting, change the host, etc.

I haven’t had my hands on Outlook in years, so this part could be way more involved than I’m making it sound. But I have spent a ton of time using Zapier and maybe - just maybe! - this could work. What do you think?

Got it. So I’m definitely going to include this as part of my January product feedback roll up, but bear with me as I really think outside the box. Ready?

I’m contemplating if you could use Calendly to setup a placeholder event with your generic email address but without an associated Teams, Zoom, etc. meeting - just all the right people, right time, etc. And then use Zapier with a filter (either on event name or maybe on attendee email domain?) to modify the corresponding Outlook event (guessing here; if you’re using Teams that makes me think Outlook is involved) to add the Teams meeting, change the host, etc.

I haven’t had my hands on Outlook in years, so this part could be way more involved than I’m making it sound. But I have spent a ton of time using Zapier and maybe - just maybe! - this could work. What do you think?

Thanks @jillian - I love the creative thinking, but I think the initial Calendly confirmation emails that get sent back to the Client-based recipients will still be based on my generic email (which is not ideal).  Plus, it will need Outlook intervention to both add Teams to the meeting and then send an update.  Hmm.

I guess the summary of what I’m asking is - as part of the core functionality, when Calendly creates the actual meeting, can you choose which of you email addresses / Calendar accounts it is created against (and therefore which Teams credentials it uses) rather than defaulting to your main email address (i.e. you currently have to configure a SINGLE calendar that ALL new events are added to).

Basically, a booking process that can be specific to any one of your sync’d Calendar accounts.

Understood, @DavePOB. I’ll pass this up to Product and if I hear anything that will be of help to you sooner than later, I’ll let you know!