Skip to main content
Question

New Outlook Integration

• 27 February 2024
  • 1 reply

My new outlook for windows, (self described by MSoft), Microsoft Outlook Version 1.2024.214.400 , aggregates calendars into the Outlook view.  I have in this case several Gmail based calendars displaying in Outlook calendar.  My hope was that i could synchronize that Outlook calendar with Calendly, but it is not working.   If i integrate one of the Google calendars, fine.  If i integrate the Outlook calendar, none of my conflicts show up.  Anyone have experience with this issue?

Hey there @ttsouchlos - thanks for your topic, and great questions, here! Firstly, check out our New User Guide - it’ll def prove helpful as you get used to the platform!

It sounds like you have shared your Google Calendars with your Outlook Calendar. Is that right? If so - here’s some information you might find helps you resolve this! (Personally, I suggest directly connecting your Google Calendars to your Calendly account - you can connect up to six calendars! - which is the simplest and most direct way to avoid this issue. That said, hopefully the below info will prove helpful!) 

Many organizations utilize shared calendars within their connected calendar platforms. More information from each platform:

Firstly, you might simply have too many shared calendars! Click “show content” below to read more about this!

For context, Calendly will display the first 10 subcalendars that Microsoft sends us in the check for conflicts and add to calendar sections (please see below):

blob

If you have more than 10 shared/sub-calendars, that may be why you are not seeing your preferred calendar(s).

Are you able to temporarily remove some of the calendars you currently have subscribed to see if that switches which calendars display in Calendly? You may need to disconnect + reconnect your calendar from your Calendar Connections page to update the display. Alternatively, some instances of O365/Outlook calendars will allow you to drag and drop your calendar list to rearrange it. Could you give this a try from your calendar, then refresh your connection within Calendly on the Calendar Connections page?

Drag_calendar.gif

Once you are able to view the correct subcalendars, you can select up to four subcalendars to be checked for conflicts.

Generally speaking, Calendly can access shared calendars for which you have read/write access. These calendars would appear in the "Check for conflicts" and "Add to calendar" menus on the Calendar Sync page or in your Outlook plug-in. For example:
image.pngimage.png

Google shared/sub-calendars

Within the Google calendar settings, if one of the following is selected:

• "See only free/busy (hide details)" or
  • "See all event details"

You will be able to add the shared or sub-calendar to the Check for Conflicts calendar configuration, but will not be able to add the calendar as their Add to Calendar.

On the contrary, if one of the following is selected:

• "Make changes to events" or
  • "Make changes and manage sharing"

You will be able to add the shared or sub-calendar to both the Check for Conflicts and Add to Calendar calendar configurations.

CleanShot 2023-07-21 at 10.08.48@2x.png

Microsoft shared calendars - Changing Privileges

1. Sharing Office 365 calendars with low level access, may not acquire enough permissions for Calendly to interact with that calendar.
  2. As Calendly requires CRUD level calendar permissions, you can change your calendar properties to grant access.
  3. Minimum level permissions required is Editor.

c71a86d6-907b-41c8-a340-abc735c4e0c5

Subscribed Calendars

Many calendars that you may be subscribed to, such as calendars displaying national holidays, company holidays, etc, are shared (often public) calendars. Generally, Calendly is not able to check subscribed calendars for conflicts.

If you would like Calendly to consider you unavailable on a holiday, for example, you can copy/clone the event on the subscribed calendar onto your own calendar, then set the event to "Busy."

Here is an example of a cloned Thanksgiving Day event in Google Calendar with the status set to "Busy."

Screen Shot 2020-11-16 at 4.38.37 PM.png

Check out these articles in our Help Center for more info: 

Getting Started with Office 365 or Outlook.com 

Working with multiple email accounts and calendars

Connecting your calendar