Skip to main content
Question

Notify user (not host) when meeting is scheduled.

• 26 January 2024
  • 6 replies

Hello! Am I able to send an email notification to a team manager when a meeting is scheduled, without that team manager being a meeting Host?

For example, I have a meeting that my manager does not need to be invited to, however she does need to be notified when I schedule a meeting with a client. I cannot find a workflow option that allows this.

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7

Hey there, @Chloe35150 - thanks for the post, and great question! You might benefit from reading our Company Admin Guide

At this time, Calendly will only notify the Calendly user that is booked with the event (the host/s), and the invitee. That being said, we do have a workaround that may help!

You can set up a forwarding filter in your inbox to automatically forward all emails received from notifications@calendly.com. You can even forward notifications for a specific event type by filtering by subject titles that include the event type name. This will not post the events directly on another calendar, but it may be helpful in making this process a bit easier if that is needed.

I hope this helps!

Userlevel 3

Thank you, this is something I think is really lacking here. We recently moved from Acuity/Squarespace scheduling because their customer service & UX are really poor, but it’s unfortunate that Calendly is lacking some of the functionality that we used to have. We should have the option to send the booking notification to users that are not included on the meeting.

I will have to have multiple team members set up forwarding filters, which is a big time suck, and frustrating for my team to have to do.

Userlevel 3

Is there a way to notify Account Admins? Otherwise each of my users will have to set up forwarding filters, which is a pain. If the notifications can all go to me, I can set up those filters in their behalf.

Userlevel 7

Thank you, this is something I think is really lacking here. We recently moved from Acuity/Squarespace scheduling because their customer service & UX are really poor, but it’s unfortunate that Calendly is lacking some of the functionality that we used to have. We should have the option to send the booking notification to users that are not included on the meeting.

I will have to have multiple team members set up forwarding filters, which is a big time suck, and frustrating for my team to have to do.

I appreciate the feedback, here! And…

Is there a way to notify Account Admins? Otherwise each of my users will have to set up forwarding filters, which is a pain. If the notifications can all go to me, I can set up those filters in their behalf.

…this feedback, as well! At this time there is not a way to set up notifications to go to account admins (or anyone outside of the assigned host/s and invitee/s). The forwarding filters will be your best bet, for now. I am going to make sure to include this feedback in our monthly report for our product team so they can consider it when making improvements to Calendly in the future! 

Userlevel 3

Thank you! It seems like something that a “Workflow” would theoretically work well for. If we could just select a specific user instead of “Invitee” or “Host” only, that would work perfectly.

Userlevel 7

@Chloe35150 you are very welcome! I agree, that would be very helpful as a feature. I hope that you have a wonderful day!