One-off meetings

• 9 February 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

If I create a one-off meeting with a few time options and don’t put placeholders in my calendar, what if a different meeting gets scheduled during one of the times in the meantime? Does it make that specific one-off time option unavailable for the person booking or does it get double-booked?

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 6

Hi @Ami78411!

When creating a one-off meeting through Calendly, you can reserve those times so they don’t get booked by another other Calendly events. You can find more on that here: https://help.calendly.com/hc/en-us/articles/14074838011543-One-off-meetings#h_01HBEKTZZ7N0672627DJK842KF

It’s important to note that these times are blocked through Calendly, but they’re not blocked on your calendar otherwise. So while no one else can schedule those times through Calendly, someone could schedule something with you directly through your calendar.

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 1

Thank you, though I was asking a different question. Say I DON’T use the “reserve” function. If a non-related meeting gets scheduled during one of the suggested one-off times, will that one-off time become de-activated for the person trying to book it?

Userlevel 7

Hey there, @Ami78411 - great question! Firstly, check out our New User Guide - it’ll def prove helpful as you get used to the platform!

One-Off Meeting types take priority over other events on your connected calendar and Calendly events. This is why you are able to choose time blocks when setting up the meeting that override “busy” times on your connected calendar! For that reason, no, if something is added to your calendar that interferes with the time blocks offered on your one-off meeting, that time will not then be automatically removed from the times offered.

I hope this helps!

Userlevel 1

Ok thanks for explaining. If I could put through a feature request it would be for the user to be able to choose hierarchy in this case through a toggle switch upon one-off creation.

Userlevel 7

Ok thanks for explaining. If I could put through a feature request it would be for the user to be able to choose hierarchy in this case through a toggle switch upon one-off creation.

Thanks so much for this feedback! We assure you that it’ll be seen by the right people. =) We cannot promise anything regarding if/when new features will be implemented but we can tell you that the product team considers user feedback when improving Calendly. Have a great day!