Skip to main content

Outlook Plug-In vs. Office 365/Outlook.com. Which one is for me?

• 17 August 2023
  • 1 reply

If you’re an Office 365 or Outlook.com user looking at your Calendar Connections page, you might be thinking, “Ok, I see two options that both say Outlook… and I use Outlook… but which do I pick?” 

Well, I’m here to help you find out! 

For a bit of background, The majority of Calendly's calendar options (Google, Office 365/Outlook.com, Exchange, iCloud) are web-based – meaning you are able to access your calendar data from anywhere, on any device by logging in via your browser.

We designed the Plug-In for our users who's desktop Outlook calendars do not sync to a web-based Office 365 calendar and therefore are unable to use the web-based connection. 

In order to see if you can use the web-based connection, as it would be preferred when possible, you’ll want to:
1. Open a private/incognito window in your browser and navigate here. (https://outlook.office.com/calendar)

2. Attempt to sign in

1. If you can sign in and view your calendar with all of your calendar events, then you will want to connect your calendar using the web-based Office 365/Outlook.com calendar connection
  2. If you cannot sign in or if you sign in and see a blank calendar, then you will will want to connect using the Outlook Plug-In

Please note: The Outlook Plug-in is a solution we designed to facilitate a local connection on Windows devices, meaning that Calendly accesses the Outlook calendar app via a secondary application installed on a PC.

1 reply

Please provide a link to the plug-in so that I can reinstall it. It stopped working, the web-based solution doesn’t work, and I...like many other customers...have been waiting hours for “live” support.