Skip to main content
Question

Overlapping events

• 22 December 2023
  • 3 replies

I use one account on Calendly and I have a problem - currently, I have two events scheduled for the same date and time. Booking event number 1 prevents the possibility of booking event number 2. What should I do to ensure that booking a specific date and time for event number 1 does not preclude the possibility of booking the same date and time for event number 2? Is it possible to separate these two events?

Edit: I'm using the Standard plan - will switching to the Teams plan allow me to resolve the above issue?

Hey there @Oskar - great question! Firstly, check out our New User Guide - it’ll def prove helpful as you get used to the platform!

There is not a way to allow overlapping events within a single Calendly user account. This is because Calendly treats each user as an individual that cannot be in more than one place at a time. As a result, being scheduled by one event type at 3PM for example, prevents you from being booked in any other event type at 3PM for that day.

If you intend to allow for your invitees to schedule separate events during overlapping times, you will want to create a separate Calendly user account representing each individual schedule. Keep in mind, each user account will be an additional subscription cost. You can read more about our plans, pricing and features on our Pricing Page! Note: an annual subscription will result in a 20% discount for all paid plans!

If you would like to move forward with creating a separate user account representing your different schedules, you will first need to purchase the number of desired user seats from the billing page. You can then navigate to the users page to send an organization invitation to your alternative email addresses representing the different schedules. 

You can then create a team page that includes all of your users, and the corresponding event types for their separate schedules. 

Let me know if you have any questions about this - I am here to help! Lastly, you can achieve this on your current Standard plan! 

P.s. I updated the title of your topic so it’s more easily discoverable when others need help! =) 

Wow, this is ridiculous. Your company's developer only thought about a single user and didn't think about it being a company with several employees.

Wow, this is ridiculous. Your company's developer only thought about a single user and didn't think about it being a company with several employees.

I’m sorry for the confusion - that is not the case at all! Our Standard and Teams plans, as mentioned above (as well as Enterprise) are specifically curated for teams of users/companies to use. However, there will always be a requirement for each team member (host) to have their own account in order for that to work out. Sorry for any frustration, and hope this helps!