Skip to main content

I time block on my Google calendar with “busy” blocks that I can move around as needed. Sometimes I need to reschedule a meeting with a client and would like to be able to override my own calendar. Right now I am moving the time blocks somewhere else, rescheduling the meeting, and then moving them back where I want them based on the rescheduling. Is there a way for me to override my own calendar when I am the one doing the rescheduling?

I sub-contract for someone else and she uses Acuity, and when I need to reschedule one of her clients, Acuity will allow me to override my own calendar and it is a quicker process.

If there’s a way to do this in Calendly without having to move time blocks around prior to rescheduling, please let me know. Thank you!

Hi @Ellen22406,

Calendly has a Book Over meeting feature that might be useful here. I’ll leave a resource below that goes into more detail about how to use it. 

Book over meetings

Hi @Ellen22406,

Calendly has a Book Over meeting feature that might be useful here. I’ll leave a resource below that goes into more detail about how to use it. 

Book over meetings

Thank you, Sean! But I am not sure this achieves what I want, so I’d like to clarify. I want to be able to book over my own meetings when I am re-scheduling a meeting, but I do not want outsiders/anyone else to be able to book over my meetings. If I set up a book over meetings setting, does that mean that anyone with my scheduling link can book over my meetings?

Hi @Ellen22406, using the book over meeting option would in fact allow invitees to book over specifically defined meetings with specific event types. With your constraints, I would suggest simply rebooking via your internal calendar. 

Thanks for your confirmation, @Sean Marlin . I will keep doing it this way, but it’s unfortunate because it’s so clunky. I really hope Calendly considers adding this feature in the future.