Question

Please create a recurring meeting

• 28 January 2024
  • 35 replies

Userlevel 3

If there was ONE thing I’d love is a recurring calendly meeting so I can do it one and done. 

When You have clients that have regular meetings at the same time it’s so long to set up say 6 months of meetings! 

35 replies

Userlevel 1

We also provide our clients a regular schedule of supports. Would be great to be able to roster these recurring sessions in once!

Userlevel 7

If there was ONE thing I’d love is a recurring calendly meeting so I can do it one and done. 

When You have clients that have regular meetings at the same time it’s so long to set up say 6 months of meetings! 

Hey there, thanks for your suggestion! 

While Calendly does not have a recurring event feature at this time, many users encourage invitees to book their next meeting after confirming an event. I apologize for the inconvenience with this!

Standard, Teams, and Enterprise users can also take advantage of our invitee redirect feature! Rather than seeing the Calendly confirmation page after booking, invitees will be automatically forwarded to the website of your choosing. Check out this help center article to get you started.

The other workaround I have would be for once the invitee books the event within Calendly, either you or the invitee can edit the event on your calendar and set it up to repeat as needed. While this won't create an event within Calendly, Calendly will be able to check it for conflicts, so you will not be booked at that time.

I hope this helps, but let me know if you have any additional questions about this!

We also provide our clients a regular schedule of supports. Would be great to be able to roster these recurring sessions in once!

We appreciate this feedback, as well! Please see the above, and check out the article below re: scheduling “series” - I hope this helps!

Userlevel 1

Thanks for your responses Kelsi.

Most of our clients have a set roster of therapy sessions, and these need to be regular so we can manage our therapist utilisation.

Appreciate the workarounds but they don’t work operationally. We will need to wait for a feature upgrade before we can roll out calendly for our therapists.

We only use it for our enquiries team at the moment. We have 2 of them but over 150 therapists, so lots of buisnesss upside for Calendly. Am sure many of your clients are in a similar position.

Thank you!

Userlevel 1

Hello! This has been a helpful thread to read. 👍

At the same time, I would like to add my voice to the request for clients to make their selection a recurring meeting. While myself and my clients have been trained to book one meeting at a time through Calendly as it is, it would certainly save time up front if the clients were able to create a recurring appointment from the get go. 

I have tried taking the initial booked session and editing it in my own calendar to make it recurring, however then I do not get the follow up and reminder automations available through Calendly. So I choose to work with my clients to book out their weekly sessions 2 - 3 months in advance and keep a little running list of who has claim over which spots. 

All that to say, while Calendly is my go to and extremely helpful as it is, a recurring meeting function feels like it would be amazing for the next evolution of this service. 

Thank you very much for the platform and for being so responsive to the Customers who love and rely on it. 💚

~Gaia Solé

Userlevel 6

Thank you all for the continued feedback! Keep it coming. Every bit of context, clarity, and innovation helps.

Userlevel 1

To provide some real world context, yesterday I had to manually schedule 72 meetings for various clients in February. SEVENTY TWO.

What a sheer waste of time to do them one by one. I can’t do this every month. I’m a service provider and have regular clients at regular times. 

I’m sure I can’t be alone in thinking of switching scheduling providers because of the absence of this one feature.

Userlevel 7

To provide some real world context, yesterday I had to manually schedule 72 meetings for various clients in February. SEVENTY TWO.

What a sheer waste of time to do them one by one. I can’t do this every month. I’m a service provider and have regular clients at regular times. 

I’m sure I can’t be alone in thinking of switching scheduling providers because of the absence of this one feature.

We genuinely understand and empathize that with certain use cases (such as your own), the requested feature discussed in this topic and comments would be immensely helpful. We are so sorry for the inconvenience caused by the feature not currently existing, and for the fact that we cannot make promises about if/when it might be implemented in the future. However, we are continually looping in the product team with your feedback as it comes in - so know your voice is being elevated and heard! I hope you hav a good weekend. 

Userlevel 1

Same here! Love Calendly, overall perfect scheduling software but the the missing option for recurring meetings is just too essential, which makes me looking out for a different software soon. Wish it was coming at some point.

Userlevel 7

Same here! Love Calendly, overall perfect scheduling software but the the missing option for recurring meetings is just too essential, which makes me looking out for a different software soon. Wish it was coming at some point.

Thanks for adding your feedback to the ongoing “pile” of feedback on this matter! I mean that genuinely - it’s really helpful for us here in Community to see just how many users would benefit from this and we love hearing about use cases, why users want it and more. We are sure making certain that this feedback is in this month’s report for the product team! While we cannot promise anything your voice is being heard. 

Userlevel 1

Add me to the list that finds this a frustrating aspect of an otherwise very helpful product.  I hope this is high on calendly's list.

Userlevel 7

@Kevin16203 consider your voice heard! =) We are compiling the requests for this in our monthly report - promise! 

Userlevel 1

Seriously, I’ve been waiting for this forever. When will you be rolling this out. Please, thank you.

Userlevel 1

I've been waiting  for calendly to add recurring meeting feature for a long time!! It a must! It would save me a lot of time and work!!!

Userlevel 7

@Loc and @Wadii12360 we understand this feature is high on the list of wants for many of our customers like you both! As I’ve stated above we do not currently have a timeline in regards to this feature, nor can we make promises about if/when features requested here might be implemented in the future. We can, however, assure you that we are grouping all of the feedback here together in our report for the product team who absolutely takes into consideration the voice of our customers. I hope that you have a great weekend! 

Userlevel 1

I offer training classes. They run six weeks at the same time each week. The ability to schedule multiple dates for each class would solve a ton of scheduling problems.

I’ve used Calendly off and on since 2018, and I just keep hoping.

Userlevel 1

Just adding another use case for this feature. I do clinical integration of a SaaS product. Especially for large, enterprise clients, this often requires multiple meetings. Without a recurring meeting option in Calendly, the client creates the meeting and invites my support@company.com email address. This is not ideal.

Ditto everyone. Please add a recurring feature...and ASAP. A simple, but super functional tool to calendly.

Also adding my voice and vote to this. As an Executive Coach, it would be amazing for my clients to be able to sign up for sessions every other week via calendly, so that they continue to get the pre-session reminder the day before (which won’t work if we just make the recurring meeting through Google).

Please prioritize this feature. It seems like a no brainer for a calendar product, particularly one as great as Calendly has been so far. 

Jayson

Yes! How is this not a thing yet? Other schedulers have it, which means I’m considering switching despite loving everything else about Calendly.

If this isn’t added soon, I’ll likely be switching.

I love Calendly, but this missing feature might just be the thing that drives me to another app. My clients all want Calendly for the reminders and payments, but I simply can’t spend the time to reschedule ongoing sessions every week. It’s untenable, and I’ll be switching soon if recurring events can’t be implemented.

Userlevel 7

We appreciate the continued feedback, all! Truly - thank you. I can assure you that each time you comment with feedback requesting this feature and explaining the use case behind the “why” our product team is being notified. I wish that I could offer some insight as to if and when recurring meetings might be implemented, and I’m sorry that I cannot! I do hope you all have a good Wednesday. We will certainly update when an update becomes available!

Please create an option to book recurring meetings! Would help create a more optimized, user-friendly experience for entrepreneurs and mental health professionals. Thank you! 

Recurring meetings please so that clients can book themselves onto group coaching calls - if this can’t be automated I can’t scale the business using calendly. It’s just not possible with a clunky manual process like this and I’m sure calendly wouldn’t have been able to grow using manual processes like this.

It's actually odd that they keep adding features and not this one.

It's also really hard as a scheduler to make a meeting! You have to manually add through your OWN booking link. Why?

I am about to scale my business and will need to switch to a different service so that I can add recurring events.  I have a one-month window!  I will stay if this feature can be added.