Skip to main content

Please pay attention! Is this a fake "Calendly" web address from Google?

• 12 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I recently searched the Calendly website over the Google bar, but the results have redirected me to a weird website identical to that of calendly.com - where I am asked to download a Windows/Mac application. I wonder: is it a fake website?

[removed fake site URL - have sent on to Calendly Security; thank you!]

If there it is a risk for the community, please share this message!

Best,

Francesco

Hi @Francesco47504,

That most definitely looks like a fake - especially with the “t” instead of an “l”. I’ll let our security team know. They’ve got a procedure to get these malicious sites taken down. Unfortunately most well-known application companies - like Calendly - get these type of malicious impostors. We keep an eye out for them and get plenty of help from our customers too as they come across them.

And just a side note: I’m going to remove the URL from your post after I’ve sent it on to security. This is only so no one else accidentally clicks on it thinking it’s what they’re looking for.

Thank you!

Hi @jillian, I also bumped into the same website and downloaded the mac version. Do you know what’s the attack and what should I do to lower the damage it might cause? After clicking it I gave it the access of my finder but a second later I removed the access from my setting and shot down my laptop right away.
The path I came across is through the brave browser’s google search and it showed as the first sponsor with the correct domain calendly.com but it led to the one end with t instead of d.
For now, it hasn’t caused me any lost, but I would like to know how should I deal with it.

Hi @Dawson,

As the application is not anything Calendly created or has any specific knowledge of, it’s reasonable to assume it’s probably malicious and could cause damage. If you’ve got some sort of anti-virus on your computer, it’d likely be a good time to run it and see if you can figure out what was downloaded and how to mitigate it.