Skip to main content
Solved

Problems with Availability

• 19 March 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi everyone, I’m having a problem with Calendly scheduling. I connect it with my personal email, then schedule the event from 8:00. However, when the event shows, it keeps stating that the start time is 9:30. How can I make my call start from 8:00?

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7

Hey there @Le72570 - great question! Check out our New User Guide - it’ll go over how all of this works and more and is a great resource while you get used to Calendly!

Let me clarify a few things: 

1. The times shown in the screenshot you shared are “start time increments” and those are based on settings within your event type.
  2. This does not mean that your call starts at 9:30, but rather that the times displayed are time blocks of availability within the hours you said you are available to take bookings (so if an invitee books at 930, that call will start at 9:30). 
  3. If you set your availability to start at 8am but the first time block being shown is 9:30am, it’s likely that something is blocking off the earlier availability. You can use our Troubleshooting availability tool on your scheduling page in order to understand what's causing the conflict. I find it to be super helpful and it resolves most availability issues. 🎉 
  4. You can fix this by potentially updating your start time increments and double checking your availability settings and troubleshooting that availability. 
  5. Make sure to save any changes you make along the way. 🙂

Firstly, check out this article on start time increments my peer wrote!

Now, onto more detail! Check out this short video where I replicated what you showed me in your screenshot and went over possible fixes! 

So! That should do it! Check out your availability settings, use the troubleshoot tool, and check out your start time increments within your event type. Let me know if you get stuck!