Skip to main content
Question

RANDOM Automatic Availability Feature?

• 20 November 2023
  • 1 reply

Is there, and if not, can we create a Feature request for a "RANDOM Automatic Availability Creation"?

Showing a limited availability of three random (each week differs) timeslots per week to clients can be more beneficial than displaying an open 9-5 calendar, which can give the impression that the business isn't busy.

-Gerhard

Hey there, @GerhardWho - great question! I can absolutely see how this would be beneficial for some use cases like your own. While this is not a feature right now (nor do I believe it’s on the road map), there are some work around features that might help you reach your goal.

• Try out Calendly Routing Forms on your website so that invitees are routed directly to the event type booking page you want them to view. Routing forms let you request information such as industry, company size, specific interests, etc. from website visitors and automatically direct them to a specific scheduling or web page based on their responses. It's great for screening and qualifying sales leads on a website or matching clients or students to the booking page of the right subject-matter expert based on their interests, program, or other criteria. 
  • Consider sharing times via email. Read more here: Share Your Calendly Link. Sharing time via email allows you to pick specific times and dates to send to an invitee for booking. 
  • Consider a smaller window of availability for specific event types. You can set date specific hours on an event type and/or limit availability for an event type to specific weekly dates and times in order to make yourself appear busier. Likewise, you can set a maximum per day bookings allowed for each event type. 
  • You might also enjoy our Customize Once and Share feature, One-Off Meeting feature and Meeting Polls feature!

I hope this helps! Let us know if you have any questions about these or other features in Calendly. =)