Skip to main content
Question

Reconfirm does not cancel appointments??

• 4 March 2024
  • 4 replies

I am not sure the purpose of Reconfirm Workflows if the appointment is not canceled if they do not confirm. Am I missing something?

I would like all appointments to be canceled if the person (attendee) doesn’t confirm the appointment. 

Please advise! 

Hey there, @Raise87868 - thanks for your topic! Firstly, check out our New User Guide - it’ll def prove helpful as you get used to the platform!

You are not missing anything - apologies for the confusion! 

This Help Center article goes into detail about how the “Reconfirmation Workflow” actually functions!

In short, the Reconfirmation Workflow is intended to remind your invitee and allow them to confirm for you, letting you know they definitely plan to attend their booked event! At this time, there is no functionality that allows for an event to be automatically cancelled if the invitee does not reconfirm via that Workflow. I do wish there was!

I will be sure to include the feedback you’ve offered in our monthly roundup for our product pals. I want to elevate your voice! 

I know this isn't exactly what you wanted to hear but do hope the information helps, at least somewhat!

Quote of the year

In short, the Reconfirmation Workflow is intended to remind your invitee  

It’s clear that is ONLY a reminder...nothing more. I got a refund because is a suggestion (reminder) and not a requirement - which is the feature that is sold on the website. It’s poorly executed for sure. 

Quote of the year

In short, the Reconfirmation Workflow is intended to remind your invitee  

It’s clear that is ONLY a reminder...nothing more. I got a refund because is a suggestion (reminder) and not a requirement - which is the feature that is sold on the website. It’s poorly executed for sure. 

I appreciate your candid response, truly. I am genuinely sorry that you were dissatisfied, but am also glad our support/billing team was able to assist you and do hope that you find what you are looking for! If you plan to keep up with Calendly Community posts, you can be absoLUTELY certain that when/if this feature is updated/implemented (which I do believe it will be, I just wish I had a timeframe to offer!) we will be posting it - top of front page - for everyone to view and and learn about! I do hope that you have a good evening and again, apologize for the confusion and inconvenience. Be well! 

I’d love this as well.  The ability to send a cancellation if the (in this case) candidate won’t confirm would be a huge time saver.  People sign up all the time but then don’t show, even though they get the reminders.