Skip to main content

"Reconfirm" Workflow triggered by spam bots?

• 7 June 2024
  • 1 reply

The Reconfirm flow is great to limit no-shows, and get more certainty on calls happening. 

However, since rolling this out in our process, we have had a big share of confirmed users who did not show up...

Unfortunately, it seems that because of the one-click design of the function, antispam/virus bots that are more and more active in inboxes are triggering the confirmation instead of the user.

This is an occurrence that even marketing email platforms have to combat with unsubscribe links.

This would be easily fixed by requiring the user to click a “Confirm” button on the linked web page, instead of just inferring confirmation on link open.

Has anybody else noticed this issue?

Hey there @louis_journee -- thanks for posting about your experience with this functionality/tool. We appreciate the insight! 

Have you noticed any commonalities amongst the people that are reconfirming only to still no-show? Have you gathered any data that might help you narrow that down and eliminate those invitees in any way? I am interested! 

I will absolutely note the feedback you offered about including a button, rather than simply a link to open. 

I hope that you have a good day, and I hope other community members chime in on this!