Skip to main content

I have a free account and had just played around with using Calendly, as well as some other booking software.  I have deleted my connection with my Google calendar through my Calendly account, and all of the open slots are still showing on my Google calendar. I have also cancelled any availability through my account so there shouldn’t be anything to show on a calendar.

I might want to use this in the future, but I find it really annoying that it shows all of my open slots from Calendly, basically filling all of my calendar indefinitely.  Being a small business that is just starting out, this is something I don’t rely on every day so I don’t want to see it there.

Hi @Katie44053!

Can you elaborate a bit more on the “all of the open slots are still showing on my Google Calendar”? I’m trying to figure out exactly what you’re seeing and admittedly feeling a bit baffled. Any clarification, visuals (but careful of personal info please!), etc. will help.

Thank you!

Here is an example of my Google calendar from this week.  I have covered up the name of my business, but these are all considered open slots from Calendly.  It shows up on every single weekday on my calendar.

Thank you for you prompt reply!

Hi @Katie44053!

Alright. I just figured out what you’re seeing. You mentioned having tried a few different calendar tools, in addition to Calendly. While Calendly would leave behind artifacts from booked events, we don’t create or leave behind any artifacts relating to your availability. But there is one tool that I know would create those types of blocks on your calendar - Google’s appointment scheduling tool. Sure enough I did some searching for screenshots and that little 4 square icon that shows up in your screenshot shows up in their product documents too.

My guess is that you likely had both tools running concurrently, so while it looked like this was a Calendly artifact, it was actually a matching schedule that was created in Google’s tool at some point independent of Calendly.

I hope that helps.

Hi Jillian,

Thank you for doing the research to help me figure this out!  I will look into the Google appointments tool and figure out how to get them to go away.

I really appreciate your help.  Once I start to actively book customers, I’ll give Calendly another try.

Thanks,

Katie